The end of an 18 hunt dry spell!

Joshc214

What a horrible year its been for metal detecting... a combination of constant sanded in conditions + lack of people in the ocean because of covid has caused 98% of my hunts to turn up a few pennies and pull tabs. Can't remember the last time I found a nickle.

Anyways... We had a hurricane a week or so ago and I was hoping the swell pushed some of the heavier items up. The first location didn't have a single signal so I moved on to another location that usually produces. I managed to get a few random signals, all lighter targets, but better than nothing. Everything seemed to be within the first 10 feet of the shoreline... once you went past that point it was dead quiet.

After a hand full of pull tabs and a couple pieces of scrap metal I got a solid 16. Normally gold hits closer to the 8-12 range on my Nox so I wasn't expecting much... pulled my scoop up and BAM, the end of my longest dry spell ever. THANK GOD!!!

I thought it was covered in ice but it turned out to be cz's. The ring is 9.1 grams of 10k... I'll take it.

Just saw Felix's post... looks like we went through the exact same dry spell by a hunt or 2 lol

Attachments

• 20200809_104752.jpg
    20200809_104752.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 494
  • 20200809_112636.jpg
    20200809_112636.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 517
Good news and maybe bad news

Good news, extraordinary find my friend big congratulations! Hopefully this isn't a bad news, looks like a Latin King with five pointed crown and five-pointed stars. If so, I suggest you remove this picture....

WOW! :shock: That is a super great find!

It’s called a Rolex ring. It has the Rolex like crown and the stepped sides like a lot of their watches.

Good news, extraordinary find my friend big congratulations! Hopefully this isn't a bad news, looks like a Latin King with five pointed crown and five-pointed stars. If so, I suggest you remove this picture....

Nice ring to bust your drought but if Joe is right I wouldn't have posted a picture of your find...

:dingding: Wow Josh, I didn't know you were out there having as many miserable hunts like me. I was back out there again today - 73 cents, 2 junk earrings and a pair of prescription glasses was my take for 4 hours. If I can post a picture of a Rolex you can post a picture of your gangsta ring. :lol: Congrats on getting back in the gold column!

I'm so confused??? What's wrong with the design of the ring? It seems to be a fairly popular ring design. I looked up a few places you can buy them and they seem to be all over the place from Walmart to ebay.

Last edited:
:dingding: Wow Josh, I didn't know you were out there having as many miserable hunts like me. I was back out there again today - 73 cents, 2 junk earrings and a pair of prescription glasses was my take for 4 hours. If I can post a picture of a Rolex you can post a picture of your gangsta ring. :lol: Congrats on getting back in the gold column!

Yeah, it's been a tough 6 months. First losing my job to covid, then not being able to find any gold... glad to be back on the board.

This ring completes my south beach gold set... gonna wear that gold crown chain with the grill and this ring next time I head down that way :lol:

I guess I can see the Rolex issue as far as trademark infringement... but that's between the manufacturer of these rings and Rolex. I don't see what that has to do with me not posting a picture of it? And if Walmart sells them, I'm sure there's nothing illegal about it.

Gold is gold ! 18 hunts is a long dry spell. Hopefully you get some back2back2backs now. But it is 10k. Melt that sucker.

Had a friend who found a Gold Gypsy ring, 103 grams of 14k...with about 80 real diamonds...he swears the ring was cursed...Nothing but bad luck for the guy years after...

How cheap can a Latin king be, 10k and CZ's....:lol:

I'm with KOB....M.E.L.T.

Had a friend who found a Gold Gypsy ring, 103 grams of 14k...with about 80 real diamonds...he swears the ring was cursed...Nothing but bad luck for the guy years after...

How cheap can a Latin king be, 10k and CZ's....:lol:

I'm with KOB....M.E.L.T.

Lol, gotta start somewhere I guess... definitely going in the melt pile.

Lol, gotta start somewhere I guess... definitely going in the melt pile.

Why would you want to take melt value for something that could probably bring you more money selling it.. you don't get paid for the stones... I only put my wedding bands in melt pile everything else I sell privately but my old stuff I keep...

Why would you want to take melt value for something that could probably bring you more money selling it.. you don't get paid for the stones... I only put my wedding bands in melt pile everything else I sell privately but my old stuff I keep...

#1: gold is high.
#2: depends what you ask for privately
#3: depends on your pain tolerance. Dealing with the lowballers , no shows , endless emails, time and all the other craziness that goes with it.
#4: sometimes it's just easier to scrap it

I doubt there's anyone out there with a ring size as large as this.. it's a size 14 lol Actually I don't really melt too much these days. It's more of a safety net in case I run into hard times.

I doubt there's anyone out there with a ring size as large as this.. it's a size 14 lol Actually I don't really melt too much these days. It's more of a safety net in case I run into hard times.

I posted pics of a diamond ring on my middle finger and a quarter easily fits inside it. Size 16 !!! Posted about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom