Advice on Garrett Infinium LS Coils.

XofRaR

I bought the Infinium in 2013, but shortly after, a long story happened and I ended up giving up on the hobby until a few months ago. I have only ever used the 10x14 DD coil that came with the unit. I've found a few interesting things with it before and after my hiatus, but I'm just now starting to get a real sense of how this unit preforms and operates. For example, the way deeper non-ferrous targets don't always produce an actual tone or even a chatter, but a slight increase in the volume or hum in the background tone. Especially with gold, small lead nuggets and some steels, regardless of size.

I was wondering if anyone had any real experience with the various coils available for the Infinium and in what soil and environment types. what are your thoughts on which coil performs best where and for what types of targets. All of the info that I've seemed to be able to find just seems to be quoting the brief product description offered by Garrett.

I'll be using it in various soil types on land and in fresh water. I don't discriminate at all and I dig every target.

I bought the Infinium in 2013, but shortly after, a long story happened and I ended up giving up on the hobby until a few months ago. I have only ever used the 10x14 DD coil that came with the unit. I've found a few interesting things with it before and after my hiatus, but I'm just now starting to get a real sense of how this unit preforms and operates. For example, the way deeper non-ferrous targets don't always produce an actual tone or even a chatter, but a slight increase in the volume or hum in the background tone. Especially with gold, small lead nuggets and some steels, regardless of size.

I was wondering if anyone had any real experience with the various coils available for the Infinium and in what soil and environment types. what are your thoughts on which coil performs best where and for what types of targets. All of the info that I've seemed to be able to find just seems to be quoting the brief product description offered by Garrett.

I'll be using it in various soil types on land and in fresh water. I don't discriminate at all and I dig every target.

The beauty of a PI (pulse induction) machine is that various soil types and minerals do not effect them as much.

Different coils are designed to have different jobs. If you hunt trashy ares look at a smaller coil for the seperation. If your wanting depth look at maybe a larger coil.

Hope that helps some.

Back
Top Bottom