Cold and wet English field finds.(12 photographs)

Doug,

Great finds and great post as usual.
I’m very impressed with the quality of some of your Romans.

I just read about those seal boxes - it looks like no one ever got a complete set - I mean box and the seal.
Is that true?

I will be in UK on 02.28.2018 - will dig at the other side of the country for two weeks.
But this time I have no single extra day to come and visit you.
The freaking job is sucking life out of me. :(
But I will be back later this year for sure and I hope I’ll be able to spend some time with you again.
You still owe me some stories, right? :)

I would be in hog heaven Doug detecting in your neck of the woods.

Some nice OLD finds.

Thanks for sharing.

As always your finds posts are layed out nicely.

Congrats.

Man can't say enough about how much I enjoy your post , they always take us way back in history and sure are a pleasure to view. Thanks for the post, but I have to admit I am just a little jealous. :D Thanks for sharing some outstanding finds . Very nice !

Thank you.

Those are great finds I can only wish to find items like that ! Some day I will findo something I am proud to show off. Till then I will stick to finding old rail Road stakes.

Thank you.

I like the seal lid. another good hunt!!

Thank you Deb.

Congrats on some really great finds! This is why someday I'm gonna take me a vacation to the UK and get in some old time detecting!

Thank you. I'm sure I can find you a field or three.

Doug,

Great finds and great post as usual.
I’m very impressed with the quality of some of your Romans.

I just read about those seal boxes - it looks like no one ever got a complete set - I mean box and the seal.
Is that true?

I will be in UK on 02.28.2018 - will dig at the other side of the country for two weeks.
But this time I have no single extra day to come and visit you.
The freaking job is sucking life out of me. :(
But I will be back later this year for sure and I hope I’ll be able to spend some time with you again.
You still owe me some stories, right? :)

Thank you Boris it will be a pleasure to see you again.

Wow! I can't even fathom holding something that old....let alone pulling it out of the ground! Just amazing!! Plz find more!!

Fascinating!

Thank you for posting - wow -so interesting.

Great finds, Doug.

WTG! Those are amazing finds! I'm so jealous of what you're able to dig over there.

Thank you.

Wow! I can't even fathom holding something that old....let alone pulling it out of the ground! Just amazing!! Plz find more!!
Thank you. Unfortunately we have the 'Beast from the East' now with gale force winds, 48 hours of snow and night time temperatures with wind chill factor going down to 12.2F so its not possible to get out.

Thank you for posting - wow -so interesting.

Great finds, Doug.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom