• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold and Bullets...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Hooked up with Mark today for another beach hunt... finally a day with no rain and milder temps... hunt started off slow because we got there 3 hours before low but once the tide started to go out things picked up in the bullet dept.. :roll:

Only 1 coin for me and its a clad quarter but I was very happy seeing the yellow poking out of the mud on my sixth scoop of the target... was just a slight whisper..

Also pulled parts of two swim buckles...

No hunting tomorrow for me its going to pour...

Again hunted with the PI PRO... Ring weighs 5.5 grams.

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 663
Congrats !
I plan on trying water hunting this year and knowing my luck I will find pull tabs out there too !

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

craig thats it your cut off i want my PI pro back :laughing: go back to ur excal :D seriously awesome job on that ring congrats:digginahole: i managed a nice tomback button and a silver dime and some clad and a !!!! ton of bullets my arms are sore

Congrats !
I plan on trying water hunting this year and knowing my luck I will find pull tabs out there too !

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Canslaw, pulltabs are all a part of the game we play... if you don't dig them then you aren't finding gold... now if you hunt old beaches like we do.. you won't dig very many at all.

Nice oldie... 6th scoop :grin:

Is there a huge depth difference on whispers between the 2? Same target?

Ok I'm lost Steve... :lol:

Very nice gold Craig!

Thanks Roger..

Very nice! At least it wasn't a nugget on your breaches. A nice keeper for sure.

Thanks Robert... I wish it was a tootsie roll I was forgot to eat my breakfast and was hungry

craig thats it your cut off i want my PI pro back :laughing: go back to ur excal :D seriously awesome job on that ring congrats:digginahole: i managed a nice tomback button and a silver dime and some clad and a !!!! ton of bullets my arms are sore

I got a lot of gold with the PI PRO when I owned mine... wish I never sold it for the DF :roll: I was laughing from the car watching you hunt ... looked like you were hunting a field full of cow patties :lol: Even with all those bullets.. I think its a waste of time and energy dragging that sifter around at that spot ;)

Canslaw, pulltabs are all a part of the game we play... if you don't dig them then you aren't finding gold... now if you hunt old beaches like we do.. you won't dig very many at all.

Ok I'm lost Steve... :lol:

Thanks Roger..

Thanks Robert... I wish it was a tootsie roll I was forgot to eat my breakfast and was hungry

I got a lot of gold with the PI PRO when I owned mine... wish I never sold it for the DF :roll: I was laughing from the car watching you hunt ... looked like you were hunting a field full of cow patties :lol: Even with all those bullets.. I think its a waste of time and energy dragging that sifter around at that spot ;)

yeah no kidding looked like a mine field, holes every where

Nice catch!

Thanks Zee...

6th scoopful I would be ready to abandon. How do the deep whisper sound compared to the Df, tdi, excal?

Steve.. I don't give up on targets... DF and Excal with the skullies would be the same type of whisper.. I also dig repeatable breaks in the threshold that are silent... never have used a TDI so I have no opinion on that one.. I have watched others give up on targets and found gold in their craters because they didn't know their machine or knew how to pinpoint correctly..

One sweet old ring, congrats!

Thanks Ground.

Congrats on that old gold-what year was that. Btw you mentioned a repeatable break in the threshold-I don’t follow, isn’t that a null indicating iron?

Thanks Zee...

Steve.. I don't give up on targets... DF and Excal with the skullies would be the same type of whisper.. I also dig repeatable breaks in the threshold that are silent... never have used a TDI so I have no opinion on that one.. I have watched others give up on targets and found gold in their craters because they didn't know their machine or knew how to pinpoint correctly..

Thanks Ground.
You would have fun following me these days. I suspect oddshaped target or hanging vertically. Hole collapsing in on itself. Get 1 shot at it. Couple spots I go have a hard mud. No need to stop digging on those

Last edited:
Old gold, always my favorite. Sweet ring Craig.

I told Craig about a hunt I had with my DF years ago that stated off as a a whisper and ended up a a crater that I gave up on.

I went back the next day to continue hunting the area and as I passed that hole I ran my coil over it and figured I'd give it one more try. First scoop, an old gold school ring.

I often thought, if I never went back that ring would probably still be there. Always love the depth of the DF but tough on us older fellas.

Congrats on that old gold-what year was that. Btw you mentioned a repeatable break in the threshold-I don’t follow, isn’t that a null indicating iron?

Hunting with a PI at these beaches that I know a VLF will struggle at there is no nulling with a pulse as I am sure you know :yes: With the PI PRO or Dual Field I was getting repeatable breaks in the steadiness of the threshold... let me simplify it... the threshold would vanish but it was repeatable.. I would dig and some of these targets were very deep gold...

You would have fun following me these days. I suspect oddshaped target or hanging vertically. Hole collapsing in on itself. Get 1 shot at it. Couple spots I go have a hard mud. No need to stop digging on those

Steve.. I starting beach hunting with a pulse so I was used to digging everything I know when I am over big iron or certain targets using the PI... I have dealt with the hole collapsing on itself especially in the suction mud it can take two hands to pull the scoop out.. that is how I messed up my rotator cuff... I will not leave a target in the hole... I am very stubborn that way... I don't want to give anyone hope that they are going to find something..

Steve what is under the hard mud? Is it clay? I mean if so then sure nothing will get past that.. the conditions yesterday were some light silt/sand followed by a mix of gravel, stones and slurry of muck... it frustrates others so they stay away... some of the hunters up here should move to FL where they don't have to complain :lol:

Nice Gold, the year my father , and mother were born, U Da Man Craig :detector::dingding::pirate2:

Thanks Earl.

So that was your footprints in the sand...

I showed up at low tide and saw a few sets of footprints and some digs in the sand... Nice ring Craig... :)

Back
Top Bottom