Whoever said "Low and slow" on another thread - thanks!!

Iggyks

Elite Member
One small spot of an old schoolyard produced a couple of IHPs, a V nickel, and a silver Rosie for me. I went back two or three times and dug nothing cool at all, figured it was hunted out. Last week I saw somebody reply on another thread to the effect that "no place is hunted out, hit it low and slow." I was nearby yesterday and decided to give it a few minutes, low and slow. Before long, I hit a 1951 D wheat. Within two feet of that, I popped an Indian out that I could actually read the reverse on right out of the dirt. Stayed there a while longer and found the neat 1950s Hartford Insurance Junior Fire Marshal ring - that red paint must be really durable. It has fire axe and helmet designs on the sides. The Fitz Overalls button I found a couple days earlier, was just popping clad out of a sand playground and it was in the dirt below the sand. Any idea on its age? The IHP didn't clean as well as the last two, soaking it a little longer.

Attachments

• P1010261.jpg
    P1010261.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 662
  • P1010262.jpg
    P1010262.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 621
  • P1010263.jpg
    P1010263.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 612
  • P1010264.jpg
    P1010264.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 597
  • P1010266.jpg
    P1010266.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 601
Last edited:
Real nice finds, I guess I'd better find the original post and read up on Low and Slow.

Low and slow is mentioned frequently. It means nothing more than that. Coil low, tight to the ground, real tight. Coil moving slow. Swing slower, not like you have 4 hours to cover a 4 acre field. The slow n low combination will help you eek out those deep or tuff signals.

Thanks everybody. My tendency is fast and hyperactive, need to work on that!

Nothing wrong with that! Same here! Quick broom! I paired up with a likewise rig that matched my personality, skills, style, AO...!

Plenty of time to go 'low and slow' when I'm super old and in a wheelchair I figure! :laughing::laughing:

Thanks everybody. My tendency is fast and hyperactive, need to work on that!

No better cure then fresh air . Slow down and enjoy every inch of dirt . No rush ... if you skip over something that little bugger might hafta wait another hundread years before someone swings by again . 😎

Thank you, everyone... The schoolyard is good sized but only a fairly small section has yielded coins. Maybe the other parts have had dirt moved.

Back
Top Bottom