New Minelab Equinox

Anyone heard anything online or from dealers possibly about next shipment of equinox units coming from minelab? I had heard that the next shipment should be the end of this month but have not heard much in the last week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So after hunting I see why the nickel ID is so solid. Nickels hit 12-13 on equinox. 12-13 covers the same range of targets as 50-60 on teknetics. So yes nickels lock 12-13 but so does every piece of can slaw and most tabs. So I would put etrac and ctx back on top for nickel ID af least in modern trash. Equinox is hotter/deeper on the low conductors though. ID is just very compressed. This is GREAT relic machine and good coin machine. It did hit targets that others simply wouldnt detect when doing signal comparing.

So after hunting I see why the nickel ID is so solid. Nickels hit 12-13 on equinox. 12-13 covers the same range of targets as 50-60 on teknetics. So yes nickels lock 12-13 but so does every piece of can slaw and most tabs. So I would put etrac and ctx back on top for nickel ID af least in modern trash. Equinox is hotter/deeper on the low conductors though. ID is just very compressed. This is GREAT relic machine and good coin machine. It did hit targets that others simply wouldnt detect when doing signal comparing.

One of the testers stated that he didnt like the final software version because of the TID compression. He said the older versions were more spread out. He was thinking about reloading the second-to-last update to switch it back.

Something to think about. DFX number when it hit like that you circle the object. Circular ring was different hit than a nickel. m rusty at the DFX now but it did work back in the day to an extent. You cant cherry pick with anything accurate but some days? A gold coin could come in as a zinc cent but if you got a beach full you may find the gold coin wasn't worth it. I got one gold coin and 55,000 zinc cents.:shock:

I've had mine for a week or so now. Getting used to the numbers but mine seem to be 2 numbers higher on all targets than others I've seen on YouTube. Had problems with bottlecaps at first because ours were ringing up to 21 and 22 when most people only had them ring in at 18 and 19. Same for coins, I think most people were getting copper pennys at 22 or 23 and ours come in at 25. I think it has something to do with our ground here maybe. It did find it's first silver already (rang 27). I'll leave the video below. The first day I left it pretty much wide open on Park mode and dug most targets to show and learn the IDs. The next day I started discriminating most stuff from 14-21 to avoid digging a lot of junk. I had one coin target on there it picked up even with 2 big fat rusted nails laying right on top of it.

Digging In Illinois - Equinox 800

Using speed 7 on Equinox is really helping me bag finds.

Can't get there with 600 model, based on the Manual.
Highest speed setting on 600 models =3 which according to manual equate to speed setting on 800 model of 6.

And Equinox 800 has one faster gear than speed 7 which = level 8.

Using speed 7 on Equinox is really helping me bag finds.

Can't get there with 600 model, based on the Manual.
Highest speed setting on 600 models =3 which according to manual equate to speed setting on 800 model of 6.

And Equinox 800 has one faster gear than speed 7 which = level 8.

That could potentially make a difference. I know I found some finds in 7 myself.

That could potentially make a difference. I know I found some finds in 7 myself.

If your soil is hot,,IMO even a bigger difference.
Speed setting is connected to unmasking I think.
Not just speed by itself (along with unmasking.

I say this because I am limited speed wise here to what I can run and get depth.
Can never run level 3 here period,,4 maybe but Nox is dead on deeper higher conductors , will hit deeper nickels though.

One good way to judge soil miner,station in site on a freshly buried dime.
If I can get dime at 9" deep with speed 4 or even 3,,tells me soil cooler than what Iam used to.

Folks should be doing tests some they can rate sites they are hunting, so they know better how to run their units.

That first hunt I went on with mine where I found the V nickel got real good once I went to 7. And I rarely have anything but hot soil out here in my neck of the woods.

I could have guessed what you said based on what I have seen testing my unit.

Is your soil showing 5 bars on fisher F75??

My 800 will be here monday!! Just got shipping confirmation! Can't wait to put this machine to the test. I will be hitting some pounded parks that have stopped producing coins for my At pro and etrac as well as some yards. I plan on reporting my findings and posting some live dig videos.

My 800 will be here monday!! Just got shipping confirmation! Can't wait to put this machine to the test. I will be hitting some pounded parks that have stopped producing coins for my At pro and etrac as well as some yards. I plan on reporting my findings and posting some live dig videos.

Ben, if you don’t mind me asking, who did you order from? And when? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Ben, if you don’t mind me asking, who did you order from? And when? (Inquiring minds want to know!)
I can't name them as they are not a sponsor here. They are dealer out of CT. I actually got on their mailing list for the 800 last week. When I got the email yesterday saying they were in stock I jumped on their site and purchased right away. They were sold out again right after I checked out. I have been on a couple wait lists for a few weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom