Only in the philippines

Holly cow Gary, Do you ever sleep. 3:20 AM It is 4:20 PM here the next day. You must drink a lot of coffee..
Still glad to have you around. Get some sleep.

KEN :D

:drinkcoffee: :lol:

(Actually I usually try to get to sleep by 1 to 1:30 but I did get to sleep after my previous post above, creative minds like to keep active :lol:)

You are having a lot of fun with this aint cha? :laughing: Oh yeah...we look for all the Gary Modifications!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: "G-Mods" :lol:

Maybe I should start adding a short note at the bottom of them indicating the number of things I added (not counting any talking comment bubbles) like for the Jeepney photo I could have put (6 things added).....I can see it now, 6 things added ? :shock: I could only find 5 :?: :lol: (and yes, that Jeepney has 6 things added :lol:)

Sort of like those picture comparison puzzles where you have to find all the differences.

I guess you spotted all 3 of the "Mud-kid" photo edits I did so far, like the one you got such a good laugh at with the "Ken-kid" with the striped shirt :lol:

Gary, I keep going back to them pictures to find the hidden things you put in.
About 2 weeks before we come to the Philippines this year, I woke up around 4 AM. Something felt funny on my face. I looked in the mirror and said Trick or Treet. At first I though I was having a stroke. Got my wife out of bed and said we need to go to the hospital.
It was Bells Pausie.
We even tried to cancel our flight. I finally said, the heck with it. We will go. Most of the problem is the left side of my face don't work. I have no feeling any place. No control with my lips. That makes it hard to eat and drink. My left eye lid don't blink. No muscle control. I keep putting in drops, and I wear a patch over it . Any little wind will dry it out. That drives me crazy. At bed time I tape it shut so I can sleep. My good eye is getting a lot of strain. It waters all the time, making everything hard to see. Bright lights hurt also. I have a hard typing with one watery eye. I keep making mistakes and hit the wrong key. Now it is getting bad. I got to get out of here. Thanks for making these post fun.

Everyone is having fun with the pictures.

I hope the Mods. Don't kick us out of here, Just when it is getting good.

Should not be a problem Ken, it is my understanding this section of the forum (Family Friendly Topics) is meant for members to be able to post general stuff whether specifically related to detecting for not. As much as we have posted on this thread so far I'm sure if we were violating any rules they would have said something by now :lol:

About 2 weeks before we come to the Philippines this year, I woke up around 4 AM. Something felt funny on my face. I looked in the mirror and said Trick or Treet. At first I though I was having a stroke. Got my wife out of bed and said we need to go to the hospital.
It was Bells Pausie.
We even tried to cancel our flight. I finally said, the heck with it. We will go. Most of the problem is the left side of my face don't work. I have no feeling any place. No control with my lips. That makes it hard to eat and drink. My left eye lid don't blink. No muscle control. I keep putting in drops, and I wear a patch over it . Any little wind will dry it out. That drives me crazy. At bed time I tape it shut so I can sleep. My good eye is getting a lot of strain. It waters all the time, making everything hard to see. Bright lights hurt also. I have a hard typing with one watery eye. I keep making mistakes and hit the wrong key. Now it is getting bad. I got to get out of here. Thanks for making these post fun.

Very sorry about the Bell's Palsy Ken, our prayers that it gets better sooner than later.

I just did a search on it as while I had heard of it before and had a general idea what it was I was not very knowledgeable about it.

Anyhow from what I read it seems the prognosis is pretty good, it sounds like the vast majority of people recover after a period of time so stay encouraged Ken, here is a quote from a medical site -

(quote)
"The prognosis for individuals with Bell's palsy is generally very good. The extent of nerve damage determines the extent of recovery. Improvement is gradual and recovery times vary. With or without treatment, most individuals begin to get better within 2 weeks after the initial onset of symptoms and most recover completely, returning to normal function within 3 to 6 months. For some, however, the symptoms may last longer. In a few cases, the symptoms may never completely disappear. In rare cases, the disorder may recur, either on the same or the opposite side of the face."(end of quote)

So I hope your case is one of the ones that gets better sooner Ken !

For those who want to read more about it here is the link -

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Bells-Palsy-Fact-Sheet

The above link includes -

What is Bell's Palsy?
What are the symptoms?
What causes Bell's Palsy?
Who gets it?
How is it diagnosed?
How is it treated?
What is the prognosis?
What research is being done?
Where can I get more information?

So glad you are enjoying the funny posts Ken !

As far as the hidden things in the pictures, with your eyesight as it is for now some of the smaller things might not be as easy to find, so if you want extra help I can PM you a list for any pic so at least you'll know what to look for, just let me know.

Bells Pausie

It was Bells Pausie.

Hopefully it will get less sever as the time goes by there , hopefully you will recover enough that you can enjoy part of your trip before you have to come home. I can say we all look forward to you experiences and pictures from your trip . Those last pictures really captured some of the rural area and people very well.

bells palsey

The drupping on my face is much better. My biggest problem, No muscle control at all. I can't even smile at the kids. So they don't know if I am happy to see them or not. I tried to explain what is wrong with me. I told them when I look at you, I am smilling in my heart at you. They understand. I told them about the patch over my eye. When there is a tiny bit of wind, It dries my eye out fast. I can not blink that eye because I have no control for that .. So, now they know Uncle Ken will be OK again some day. I still get my big hugs from them.

KEN ;)

good to hear you are gettinga little beter

The drupping on my face is much better. My biggest problem, No muscle control at all. I can't even smile at the kids. So they don't know if I am happy to see them or not. I tried to explain what is wrong with me. I told them when I look at you, I am smilling in my heart at you. They understand. I told them about the patch over my eye. When there is a tiny bit of wind, It dries my eye out fast. I can not blink that eye because I have no control for that .. So, now they know Uncle Ken will be OK again some day. I still get my big hugs from them.

KEN ;)

Glad to here the dropping is getting better may be the rest will go back to normal soon , i am sure you are eager to get rid of the pirate patch.

KEN ;)

Well, you know we love you and your posts Ken, In this Spirit, let me have a go at this Bells Palsy issue and spin it in a positive light...Wearing an eye patch and dressing like a Pirate would be pretty cool! Plus, frowning at Kids has some immediate benefits...Kids are generally nothing but trouble anyway, at least mine are, so dont ask for no damn money! Get the hell offa my yard! Cant you see I'm in a bad mood? ...

And, a guy with Bells would be one tough adversary at a Poker game! So yeah, I'd might finally win a hand or two down at the Lodge!...Bells seems to be a temporary and possibly beneficial advantage! Use it!

FWIW, My Wife recently diagnosed some of my around the house incomplete 'Honeydoo" list symptoms as terminal case of AIDS! Thats right! "Ass Is Draggin Syndrome"! Heck! I dont get to wear an eyepatch, and I'm to refrain from alcohol, TV and naps, which She claims, exacerbates this malady!

So she of course is trying to Home Cure me like some evil Witch by forcing me to get up and do something! Take out the garbage, rake the yard, clean the gutters! Thats the only cure for 'Ass Is Draggin!' Thanks a pantload WebMd!:laughing::laughing: I shoulda went for the Bells, at least then, I could dress cool and mighta made some beer money!...

CURE FOR Mud

Well, you know we love you and your posts Ken, In this Spirit, let me have a go at this Bells Palsy issue and spin it in a positive light...Wearing an eye patch and dressing like a Pirate would be pretty cool! Plus, frowning at Kids has some immediate benefits...Kids are generally nothing but trouble anyway, at least mine are, so dont ask for no damn money! Get the hell offa my yard! Cant you see I'm in a bad mood? ...

And, a guy with Bells would be one tough adversary at a Poker game! So yeah, I'd might finally win a hand or two down at the Lodge!...Bells seems to be a temporary and possibly beneficial advantage! Use it!

FWIW, My Wife recently diagnosed some of my around the house incomplete 'Honeydoo" list symptoms as terminal case of AIDS! Thats right! "Ass Is Draggin Syndrome"! Heck! I dont get to wear an eyepatch, and I'm to refrain from alcohol, TV and naps, which She claims, exacerbates this malady!

So she of course is trying to Home Cure me like some evil Witch by forcing me to get up and do something! Take out the garbage, rake the yard, clean the gutters! Thats the only cure for 'Ass Is Draggin!' Thanks a pantload WebMd!:laughing::laughing: I shoulda went for the Bells, at least then, I could dress cool and mighta made some beer money!...

Ken should be over there for another month , tell your wife if she lets you go visit the Philippines for a month and stay with Ken, he can arrange for you to visit the local witch doctor over there and find a cure for "Ass is dragging syndrome " May be sit around and have some of that tea or cold Philippine's beer or local rum with ken , find a nice hammock , make some road trips to the beach.

KEN ;)

Glad to hear there is some improvement Ken !

.......remember, only post a pic of yourself with your "pirate patch" on if you want it edited into a photo :lol:

Mud, next time your wife wants you to get up and do something just tell her "wasn't it enough I cleaned our yard of pull-tabs and trash with my detector" :laughing:

Ken should be over there for another month , tell your wife if she lets you go visit the Philippines for a month and stay with Ken, he can arrange for you to visit the local witch doctor over there and find a cure for "Ass is dragging syndrome " May be sit around and have some of that tea or cold Philippine's beer or local rum with ken , find a nice hammock , make some road trips to the beach.

.......just make sure Mud wears his clown outfit while there ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

If Mud visits

Glad to hear there is some improvement Ken !

.......remember, only post a pic of yourself with your "pirate patch" on if you want it edited into a photo :lol:

Mud, next time your wife wants you to get up and do something just tell her "wasn't it enough I cleaned our yard of pull-tabs and trash with my detector" :laughing:

.......just make sure Mud wears his clown outfit while there ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Ken if Mud came for a visit you could tell all the neighbors that he is really the rich American that they think you are. That he is really wealthy so if they need a loan (which will never get paid back) to see him. I never have to worry about that, i just tell them my wife handles all the money, go see her. She doesn't have a problem saying no to them.

Well, I can honestly say I've never seen a house built around a tree before! It would be quite interesting to see the final result of such peculiar house plans... :D

It was Bells Pausie.

I'm really sorry to hear about that! I want you to know I'll be praying for you to be in good health again soon.

Ken if Mud came for a visit you could tell all the neighbors that he is really the rich American that they think you are. That he is really wealthy so if they need a loan (which will never get paid back) to see him. I never have to worry about that, i just tell them my wife handles all the money, go see her. She doesn't have a problem saying no to them.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

David, Mud can thank you for this idea for a photo edit :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey, Mud the money clown could be a big star over there :lol:
mudthemoneyclown.jpg

Well, I can honestly say I've never seen a house built around a tree before! It would be quite interesting to see the final result of such peculiar house plans... :D

I'm really sorry to hear about that! I want you to know I'll be praying for you to be in good health again soon.

Thank you very much. Every little bit helps. The looks is much better. Just no control of the lips and eye. I can't even smile at the kids. For me , that hurts.. KEN :D

Run for mayor

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

David, Mud can thank you for this idea for a photo edit :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey, Mud the money clown could be a big star over there :lol:
View attachment 407205

You have no idea how on the mark you are with this one Gary, when you run for office you are expected to had out bribes to the voters to vote for you. A lot of people pocket money from the campaign workers for every one running. The winning mayor will often punish the districts that didn't vote for him , by cutting services to them and rewarding districts that did with extra projects. Projects like road improvements or running water have come to a dead halt because funding was cut due to backing the wrong person. A few years back ambulance service was cut back in my wife's family area and given to another district. This action most likely resulted in a few deaths in the area. I wouldn't want to be waiting for one of them over there in less you are in the city. My wife has never bother to register to vote here once she found out no one pays for your vote.:laughing:

Visiting the rural areas ofthe Philippines

Thank you very much. Every little bit helps. The looks is much better. Just no control of the lips and eye. I can't even smile at the kids. For me , that hurts.. KEN :D
In the rural areas the little kids rarely come in contact with Americans , they see us on TV but not in real life , so when there Ken & me both enjoy handing out small gifts to the kids , small toys , school supplies , candy ,etc. They really light up with the simplest of gifts. Both ken & me send big boxes ahead of us by boat when we make return visits to the Philippines that way there are gifts for all family members , neighbors ,and the local kids. Both of our wifes shop all year at close out sales , thrift stores , estate sales , yard sales , etc. to find stuff for every body ,so it always like Christmas when the rich Americans come home. I know Ken really enjoys the kids over there and handing out things to make their lives a little brighter .

You have no idea how on the mark you are with this one Gary, when you run for office you are expected to had out bribes to the voters to vote for you. A lot of people pocket money from the campaign workers for every one running. The winning mayor will often punish the districts that didn't vote for him , by cutting services to them and rewarding districts that did with extra projects. Projects like road improvements or running water have come to a dead halt because funding was cut due to backing the wrong person. A few years back ambulance service was cut back in my wife's family area and given to another district. This action most likely resulted in a few deaths in the area. I wouldn't want to be waiting for one of them over there in less you are in the city. My wife has never bother to register to vote here once she found out no one pays for your vote.:laughing:

So Mud actually might be able to buy his way into becoming "Mayor Mud" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

In the rural areas the little kids rarely come in contact with Americans , they see us on TV but not in real life , so when there Ken & me both enjoy handing out small gifts to the kids , small toys , school supplies , candy ,etc. They really light up with the simplest of gifts. Both ken & me send big boxes ahead of us by boat when we make return visits to the Philippines that way there are gifts for all family members , neighbors ,and the local kids. Both of our wifes shop all year at close out sales , thrift stores , estate sales , yard sales , etc. to find stuff for every body ,so it always like Christmas when the rich Americans come home. I know Ken really enjoys the kids over there and handing out things to make their lives a little brighter .

That is very commendable, the kids there likely appreciate those simple gifts so much more than some of the spoiled American kids who feel deprived if they don't have the most expensive video game setup and their own smartphone. (not saying all American kids are that way, but I'm sure some likely are)

That is a very thoughtful thing to do. There is a couple at our church who came to America from the Philippines. Whenever they can, they, too, send boxes to their relatives there. They are currently in the process of adopting a filipino child. :grin:

THE kids over there

So Mud actually might be able to buy his way into becoming "Mayor Mud" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That is very commendable, the kids there likely appreciate those simple gifts so much more than some of the spoiled American kids who feel deprived if they don't have the most expensive video game setup and their own smartphone. (not saying all American kids are that way, but I'm sure some likely are)

Ken can give out a used Barbie doll to some little girl, or a new hot wheel car to a little boy and you would think he just gave her a new IPAD. Many of the poor struggle just to keep food on the table , so new clothes , shoes or a toy is a big deal there. As to MUD Bribes make the world go round in the Philippines , corruption is part of every day life. Don't want your luggage checked going through their customs , just slip a $20.00 in side your passport you get a green light and the passport comes back with out the $20.00.

Back
Top Bottom