Stavr scoop ***UPDATE**** Last page

i just ordered one also but im not sure. there was no place to pay at the end of my order. im a bit confused. there wasnt payment instructions either. hope i did it correctly.

dicke tool company downers grove IL (630)969-0050

1" solid fiberglass rod fits perfect inside they're fiberglass handle sections, I had enough to make 4 plugs, not sure where to get more though. 1" wood dowel would work just the same, as long as the water exposed side was all epoxied.

The dicke pruner poles route might be non practical due to price.

Home depot had some husky-brand red-handled rakes that had wall thickness a little more than standard fiberglass rakes, outside dia was like 31.5mm, should work just fine. Rakes were the only option for making a 48 or 50" handle.

I have a few extras, varying lengths, I'll post for sale in the ad section later....

yesterday i dug lots of targets

with the staver and a green fiberglass hoe handle from home depot. after 4 hrs my hand was green.
fiberglass seems to be the real deal......strong and nice and i like the smaller dia., BUT - - either today or fri......i am going back to A S H WOOD HANDLE.

Just my opinion

Max.
if on the hunt today, I had fiberglass handle for stavrscop-I would have blisters on the whole palm .... :) , It does not hold wax!
you know what I mean :)
in water is not convenient to work fiberglass, it has a strong positive buoyancy and it has to be making an effort to drown.
fiberglass easy to surf line and dry sand (imho)

Ruslan.

Max.
if on the hunt today, I had fiberglass handle for stavrscop-I would have blisters on the whole palm .... :) , It does not hold wax!
you know what I mean :)
in water is not convenient to work fiberglass, it has a strong positive buoyancy and it has to be making an effort to drown.
fiberglass easy to surf line and dry sand (imho)

Ruslan.

Well all I can say is I can't wait for mine to get here...:D

You do great work from what everyone says. I wanted to buy only 1 not keep buying till I get quality.

Evro 2.22 is a heck of a scoop, i'm very happy with mine.
i'm curious to put a fiberglass handle in mine too, waiting for the longer term report from Max to see how it holds up.... My wood handle is working great, but something stronger and lighter might be a nice mod...

I love mine. I put a shovel handle on it. Works great! Good luck with yours!

Attachments

• scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 441
  • scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 445
for us here, we went to local grocery chain that has western union and they charged like 23.00 bucks to forward money.
so far the fiberglass is great - the dia. is smaller - jury is still out on that......after using the 1.25" wood for many years, the smaller dia. fiberglass is different.

i need to add something to inside so it will float when i let it go, with the wood, i just tossed it aside when deep, but with this one i have to hold it when working deep.

Maybe try some spray foam in the handle Max.
Also instead of the grocery store,just go online to western union.I believe it only cost an extra $10.00 . BTW best scoop I've used so far.

I went yesterday and bought a long handled fiberglass hoe to use the handle. When I got home I cut off the rivets knocked the rivets out. Then went oand picked up a dowel rod and some epoxy. I cut the rod 18 inches put some epoxy in the handle placed the rod in then epoxied the end and rivet hole up. Now when I get back from my trip up north all I have to do is stick it in the scoop.

03AD4F90-6D0C-48B4-95D9-F5FD1F38D4DF-9712-00000A409BCDA4CA.jpg

57892ED7-49EB-4121-BB22-3CEAC318B4B8-9712-00000A40A390B417.jpg

02412BAE-35E0-4D70-9866-AC9312133D85-9712-00000A4094C5D30E.jpg

43E5E493-156E-4F45-939E-88857AC737AB-10977-00000B7043CBE64E.jpg

Ohh here is the floating sifter I made before I put the floats on it. I fallowed ChicagoRon's video on it.

EE62FDA3-5F26-4B69-9305-34C3806068EE-9712-00000A40A9BF6AA0.jpg

Info for some. I weighed my fiberglass handle with the dowel rod installed with epoxy and it is 2lbs. That plus the 2.8 for the M10. Nice light and strong. Well the scoop will be home when I get back. Lol.

Ordered mine yesterday. Thanks for the help.

I am in no hurry as i probably wont get to the beach again until next year:(

Ordered mine yesterday. Thanks for the help.

I am in no hurry as i probably wont get to the beach again until next year:(

I will hunt the lakes all year long. I am trying out some chest waders so I will see how I like them.

Ruslan has been real busy lately. He made scoops to orders and ran out of metal. Someone got my scoop. :p Now mine is on the way. Look forward to something bigger than my 6" RTG that works!

I have another addition to 2 business is still dig two "black holes" ...
All orders will be fulfilled, do not worry.
little time ....

Back
Top Bottom