• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today's digs

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Dug for about 3 hours today at 2 different spots. Got about 200 coins, 2 tokens, 1 Mexican coin & a 925 ear ring.

You can see the black acid test on the ear ring - it was not stamped but is silver. Frequently, jewelry makers make these tubular pieces and cannot stamp them due to it collapsing if they tried. Sometimes they stamp on the wire that's attached, and sometimes they dont stamp at all.

Hope you all get out this weekend !! Steve in so az

Attachments

• take 2.jpg
    take 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 925 two.jpg
    925 two.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 150
Congrats Steve, You have a good system no doubt.
That is a little better than one coin per minute. :wow:

Merf- thanks - I hit an untouched spot and got a coin almost with every swing. Very rare but they are out there waiting for us yet, Steve in so az

What is that acid test for silver again? I think there was a post about it but I can't recall the details.

Thanks, I keep forgetting how useful the search feature can be. Most questions have already been addressed.

What general type of areas are you getting such a high coin ratio? (Don't worry, I've no plans to go to Arizona!) Thanks. Gwen.

B boop - the places are tot lots, sand & chip bark ones. Use low disc, dig most signals, dont be too lazy to crawl under everything to detect and that's it ! Steve

Back
Top Bottom