A small find

Squishy

Well... Lincoln the treasure dog and I went out again this morning for an adventure. We went to a little town about 15 miles away, but we could not find any good public places to detect, so we went a little further. The next town was having their annual festival, so we skipped that one for now. We went on to the next small town where we found a public park by a lake. It is a small town with a population of a few hundred people. The park was pretty small, but neat.

I dug several pieces of aluminum cans. Mostly I found entire cans which registered higher on the coin scale. I had the sensitivity set on the second increment and still had a lot of targets. I dug what I thought was the top rim of an aluminum can and threw it in the garbage bag with the rest of the aluminum. It was king of folded up.

When we got back to the car, I was emptying the garbage back into a trash can in the park and noticed that it wasn't the top of a can at all. Looks like it was a piece of jewelry. It is pretty thin metal and pretty light, so I don't think it has any value. I can see where there were stones mounted in it and, if I had realized what it was when I dug it up, I probably could have found some of them in the hole. There is no way I could find that hole again to dig it back up. I'm getting too good at replacing my divots. :D

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of it. Closest thing to "treasure" so far.

Treasure005.jpg

Treasure006.jpg

-Mike-

OMG, that is terrible you can't find where you dug this up I bet there is more to it!! This is a good lesson for myself to take a closer look at things I THINK are junk! I'm curious to know the possible year made? Is there any markings that you can make out on it? It doesn't really look like jewelry to me? Congrats on find and thanks for pics! ;)

I'll have to try to clean it up with a toothbrush to see if i can get more detail. It's fun to have dug up something other than aluminum. :D Just wish I would have realized it at the time.
-Mike-

Too bad it's not precious....chances that precious stones were mounted in a non precious metal are hundreds to one, but hey, maybe you have a chance!? ;) Good luck! HH
NC

I wasn't even thinking "brooch" that is probably what it is and it probably did have stones in it. I bet it was beautiful just looking at the design!

Back
Top Bottom