It's been slow, but I just had my best eyeball find

Jodo_Kast501

My wife had our first child a couple months ago. He's a great kid and it's been a real joy! But of course children need a lot of love and attention and that makes it hard to get out. I've only been getting out one a week to some spots very close by that have been hit hard before. So the finds have not been good. Mostly clad and not that much of it. I think I've gotten about $15 in change since he was born. I did find a '64 Roosevelt dime, but a $10 bill was the best find for weeks.

Until today, that is. I was walking to church and as usual, I was scanning the ground looking for whatever might have been dropped recently (helps to make my detecting total less sad). My eye caught a glint of yellow, which I went to check out, assuming that it was probably a junk chain. Well ... it wasn't. Turned out to be a gold-plated silver chain with a 10K pendant, which is my 4th gold of the year (and definitely first eyeballed gold)!

It's not heavy, only 0.7 grams of 10 K + 9.1 grams of sterling. But considering the slump I'm in, I'll take it. I may still be able to find the owner, but one way or another, I'm happy to find something worth finding.

PlsQdAIl.jpg

HX4Ugbll.jpg

FktVUhOl.jpg

sHuHx9dl.jpg

ocUkJz9l.jpg

Thanks for the congratulations, all! It's greatly appreciated. I'll be able to get out more one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom