Swingy Thingy?

shot410ga

Anyone use one of these devices (Swingy Thingy)? If so do they work? Says their suppose to relieve the strain on the arm, Does it do the job?

Pescadore used one on his Fisher for a while. Hit him up, I know he liked it and it gave him the use of that detector again.

I saw a guy using one and it looked like it made him swing in a pretty bad arch on each side of center. Could have just been the way he swings, but it looked to me like the swingy thing was causing the arch.

i would think the biggest pain with that would be when you set the detector down to dig your target

Definitely eliminates the weight of the detector and stress on the arm. I used it on my CZ5 and it was nice. I did not like being tied to my detector and you have to change your positioning a little when you are digging and retreiving your finds. Overall, if I had to swing a heavy machine, I would use one again. I just went to a lighter unit and I am happy with the freedom of not having the detector attached to me.

I currently use one on my etrac and I wish I had gotten one sooner. It's like anything else, once you get used to it being there, you wont even notice it, except your arm will thank you tremendously. :D

I use one all the time and really like it. It does make me swing a kind of curved arc but that seems to work ok for me. when I get down to dig I just lay it on the side of me and it is out of the way even though it is still attached. When I stand up it comes up with me and since I have it set to be slightly heavy on the coil end it just settles right in place as I get up. Doc is great to deal with too.

3 or 4

Down in my basement,i am going to get one out the next time it get's warm,and put it on my f75se with the 15dd coil,it's needed with that coil,and i will give it a try,i did try it one time and it was kinda hard to get used to ,but with the 15dd ,i must use one,happy hunting,i will let you know how it turn's out,Earl

Chuck I never thought of mentioning that device to ya. It would definitely help your back/neck when swinging the AT PRO. Especially since you're retired and can get out all the time, ya old geezer! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom