Made a nice find at an unexpected place.

AthensHunter

...eBay. I came across a nice set (3) of 1920 Walking Liberty Halves, the P, D, and S. It was at $13.00 going into the last 10 minutes, so I figured what the hell. I sat and watched it for a few minutes waiting for it to go up, but by 5 minutes it hadn't move a cent. "Okay, well, I guess I'll place a bid and see how it goes," I thought. I entered a pretty meager first bid of $20.00 (but my actual/current bid at that moment was $15.00) because I had just about that much left in my PayPal account. If I got outbit, I would then be willing to go up to $30.00, but that's the absolute highest I wanted to pay. Then, out of nowhere--almost on cue--my dog comes over and tells me she's got to out. I take her for a bit, and the auction actually slips my mind because I didn't expect to win it. I come back ~10 or so minutes later and see that I had won the set for $15.00! Sweet! $3.00 shipping, a week and a day, and now they're here with me. I opened them to check them out and noticed the 1920-D was in fantastic shape, nearly full-lines on lady Liberty's dress! I would guess it is at LEAST a F12, and I'm probably being conservative. Numismedia.com values a 1920-D in F12 condition at $80.00, which is a bit high but I figure it's worth a cool $60.00.00 or so!

And here I was thinking no more good deals could be had online. :lol:

wow what a great find!!

the other day I saw two war nicklels listed by a new member with no bids.. I figured what the hell and bid .99 cents with a max bid of 2 bucks! A day later I went on ebay and saw I won the war nickels for .99 cents, 2 dollars shipping..
Ill receive them this week!!

Back
Top Bottom