• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Chasing gold, but settling for silver...

jkress

Elite Member
It's been a while since I posted... but it's not for lack of digging.

I have been trying to find some gold this year but haven't yet. 90% of my trips so far have been chasing gold anything... rings, bracelets, necklaces... whatever. So far, I have struck out. I'm trying to stick with it, but it's tough digging pull tab after pull tab after pull tab. :no: :no: :no:

Once in a while I need to break the string of pull tabs and I'll chase some silver coins. At least I can find those. :roll:

So far, the closest thing I have found to gold is this junk ring. Although my hopes were high when I popped the plug and saw just one of the stones peeking through the dirt at me... as soon as I dug the ring and saw the wear marks, I figured it was not to be. If any of you Ace 250 users out there want to throw a few tips my way as to what gold is actually ringing up as... I would be very grateful.

picture-53.jpg

Here's what I have so far for silver coins this year. Although I'm trying hard to find my first gold, I'm thinking of giving the gold quest a brief break and going after some more silver coins. I have a few new places lined up that look promising. I was quite surprised at the condition the '43 quarter came out of the ground in. Looks like it was dropped that very year.

picture-52.jpg

Good luck on your next hunt everyone!!

That '43 quarter does look awesome! Great condition. Definitely worth a bit more than just the silver value. Great finds.

I love finding silver coins but I found my first gold of the year yesterday and it was quite a rush. Gold is hard to find out there and it seems you have to dig a lot of trash to find it. Good luck!

On the ACE 250, in Jewelry Mode, gold has always come up as a solid nickel tone. Hope this helps!! :D

I got some 10 KT gold rings come on foil range, some bounce betwen nickel and pull tab so you never know and if you going to find gold you will need to dig everything and with that you will dig lots of trash too. Best of luck on your next golden hunt and HH. Congrats on all that silver, WTG!!!

I have dug heaps of junk rings and a mountain of silver rings but only 2 gold rings. Both were small and came in just left of nickel.

But I have air tested lots of rings and other gold jewelry and the range where gold can come in at is huge. Literally foil to penny.

My advice would be to hunt for gold in areas where you have previously found lots of silver jewelry and modern coins.

Back
Top Bottom