First post...First Silver!

jjames

Hey everybody. I'm a newbie here, been detecting since last year. I guess I'm finally starting to learn my Tracker IV...I'm still digging a lot of junk, but I went over a spot I always go to because it's just about a half mile down from my house and found my first silver today. A 1927 Mercury dime! :D I knew there had to be silver there, because the other day I dug up a couple of wheats. I was stoked with the wheats but the dime is my best find yet. Now if I could only get some of those walking Liberties! :lol:

Attachments

• 1927mercdime.jpg
    1927mercdime.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 212
  • wheats.jpg
    wheats.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 200
  • wheats2.jpg
    wheats2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 205
Congratulations on finding the Merc, jjames and welcome to the Forum. Looks like you are finally becoming one with your machine! Some of my best finds ever have been with the Tracker IV. :D

Congrats on that nice silver Merc. Don't give up on your BH. It took me a while to learn mine, but once you have the tones down you are good to go. Be ready to dig the low tones if you plan to find any gold. Good Luck. : )

Now if I could only get some of those walking Liberties! :lol:

Or standing, or seated, or.............:lol:

You're off to a great start! The Mercs are one of my favorite designs, and I just got my first silver, a merc, recently. And It took about a year for me to get one too. Keep hitting that site, probably more goodies for ya there.

Congrats!

Great find!

Just something about pulling one of those from the ground... makes a person feel like they just might have an idea of what they are doing... at least that's what I keep telling myself. :lol::lol:

Congrats.

First silver??
Big CONGRATSto ya!!!
Those Mercs sure are pretty aren't they? Gotta love'em!!
Keep hittin' that spot!!
HH :D

Back
Top Bottom