Ring #4 needs cleaning possible steel dunno

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Local hunt for silver, dime im not sure what it is need to clean it and a few other coins, AND ring #4 not sure may be junk ring but it’s a ring.
Couldn’t get a good plug cut today.

Attachments

• 84D3690F-6A20-4624-9238-A8A94EAD7A3A.jpg
    84D3690F-6A20-4624-9238-A8A94EAD7A3A.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 297
Congrats on the silver dime .You can get silver cleaner online and some jewelry stores .

I’ll have to try a spot and see if it is or not, really could be clad I dunno.
Better pictures of dime. (Sounds like clad when dropped)
Not sure what to try with the ring.

Attachments

• A26DA0CE-5F53-48CF-86CA-88357EF64251.jpg
    A26DA0CE-5F53-48CF-86CA-88357EF64251.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DB893F53-7EF8-40BB-810C-F1A722DA9021.jpg
    DB893F53-7EF8-40BB-810C-F1A722DA9021.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Speaking from experience here.

I've found hundreds of those rings.

They are what is left of "mood rings" after they get water logged and crusty.

Around here, they sell for about $0.50 new at the schools, and since my hunting grounds are mostly schools and parks... you can imagine that I've found more than my share from kiddie drops. you have to find them in the first couple days, otherwise the "mood" band gets corroded. :)

Just so you know it's not fluff, this is my box from my first year detecting... Those two containers (and a third beside it on the left, that has aluminum rings) have about 100 rings. All Junk. The whole top segment are mood rings. I don't bother to keep them anymore, they've gotten tossed in years 2-4.

Oh, and while I may toss them, I still love to find them. LOL Something just deeply satisfying about pulling a ring out of the ground!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 189
Speaking from experience here.

I've found hundreds of those rings.

They are what is left of "mood rings" after they get water logged and crusty.

Around here, they sell for about $0.50 new at the schools, and since my hunting grounds are mostly schools and parks... you can imagine that I've found more than my share from kiddie drops. you have to find them in the first couple days, otherwise the "mood" band gets corroded. :)

Just so you know it's not fluff, this is my box from my first year detecting... Those two containers (and a third beside it on the left, that has aluminum rings) have about 100 rings. All Junk. The whole top segment are mood rings. I don't bother to keep them anymore, they've gotten tossed in years 2-4.

Oh, and while I may toss them, I still love to find them. LOL Something just deeply satisfying about pulling a ring out of the ground!

Skippy

Hah! Appreciate the info and yes I agree nothing beats finding a ring.
And wow impressive mix! Hopefully I’ll get even a quarter of what you found in the first year hah! I’m in a area with a TON of competition.
Even a place I’m working now I think has been cherry picked modern clad but the this ring showed up and a funky spinner. Still newer drops lolp

Back
Top Bottom