• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Small gun find

B. Positive

Or should I say tiny? About 1 3/4 inches across. I found it near the edge of a dried-up man made lake. Soaked it in vinegar to take the crud off. The hammer pulls back, raising the site, which snaps back down when the hammer is released. There's a small ring on the butt for keychain? or necklace?
My original target, an older house ruin, was literally trashed by someone who had dumped several 30-gallon bags of household garbage there. :mad: Between animals and the wind, it was everywhere. :mad: My two old dogs would have been happy to stay and use their noses to detect "treasure" in the trash, but there was some pretty nasty stuff out there. I'll post a pre-trash pic of the place.
I just don't get it. :(

Attachments

• DSC00018e.jpg
    DSC00018e.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC00020e.jpg
    DSC00020e.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00020z.jpg
    DSC00020z.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC00004e.jpg
    DSC00004e.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 226
Put your gloves on and go through a little of that trash. That happened to me quite a few years ago when I lived in massachusetts. Some A%#$@&^ got rid of a months trash in my back yard. :mad:Well, people who do that are generally stupid so when I went through the stuff I found some of their mail.
I was on a dirt street where there was some woods. They lived about 5 blocks from me, soooooo, I returned all their rubbish to their front yard minus the bags. :roll:....Gil

grinsebring said:
Put your gloves on and go through a little of that trash. That happened to me quite a few years ago when I lived in massachusetts. Some A%#$@&^ got rid of a months trash in my back yard. :mad:Well, people who do that are generally stupid so when I went through the stuff I found some of their mail.
I was on a dirt street where there was some woods. They lived about 5 blocks from me, soooooo, I returned all their rubbish to their front yard minus the bags. :roll:....Gil
Well done:)

B - that is a neat find. Out here in the desert we always find trash dumped. Takes a real lack of brainpower to do that, steve in so az

grinsebring said:
This is a great idea something I wuold do for sure ............Can I Have It? 8)

Fantastic idea grinsebring! Fantastic! I'll go out there next time I'm home and there's enough light.
And rusty, you pay for the shipping, and all that trash is yours, buddy!

Finally got back to the site. And got a name and address. What to do, what to do. They don't live nearby--close to 30 miles away. Should I send location, photos and name to the local authorities?

Attachments

• DSC00002e.jpg
    DSC00002e.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00003e.jpg
    DSC00003e.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 187
B. Positive said:
Finally got back to the site. And got a name and address. What to do, what to do. They don't live nearby--close to 30 miles away. Should I send location, photos and name to the local authorities?

I would in a heartbeat...

as much as I dislike "ratting" anyone out theres absolutely no excuse for that sort of thing, I hate seeing sh*t like that and in my mind it wouldnt bother me a bit if they'd get everything they had coming to them for it

B Positive, Do NOT call them unless it is from a phone booth-----Caller I.D. remember. Numbskulls like that are capable of anything. Another course of action is called for. If you notify the owner of the property, and they see it, (and have to clean it up themselves), "No trespassing" signs could go up. My guess is if it is not to gross, clean it up after taking pictures of the trash and envelopes with the names and addresses. (10 minutes work if the pics are accurate.) Give copies to the land owner telling him what you did, and assuring him that you as a detectorist have standards and would like to continue to have access to his property. After that let him handle it. Gil

Back
Top Bottom