• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Looking for a lost wedding ring

mcassidy

Hello, I'm new to this forum and have never used a metal detector. I read (on the Web) that metal detection clubs sometimes take on efforts to find lost items. I'm not sure this is true, but I thought I'd check. I lost my gold wedding ring yesterday, most likely in a Safeway parking lot. I've scoured the area where I parked, but nothing. Would it make sense to search with a detector?
If so, is it possible to rent metal detectors and am I likely to be skilled enough to find a ring. Alternatively, does anybody want to take a crack at finding the ring? The Safeway is in Mountain View, Ca. My email address is [email protected].
Thanks,
Mike

if dropped in a parking lot, chances are was an eyeball find, and your ring is probaly long gone. Go there and walk the lot facing the sun.....................

Rings and other metal objects can be found in the grass dividers in parking lots. If you cut across one of those its possible a detectorist can help you.

Thanks

Beerdoodle is probably right. I think I got a little overzealous in trying to figure out ever possible way to find the ring.
Onaug, that is a helpful idea. I don't think I crossed any grass or dirt patches, but I'm going back to the parking lot for one last look around. I'll retrace my steps again with your thought in mind. Thanks.

sorry for your loss. i know many of the staff at that safeway. the clerks are friendly but are not likely to return it if they find it. you might try posting a reward notice, but i think you know the demographic near that store. good luck.

also, i forgot to mention that i had the same issue happen this year. you may want to use the loss to your tax advantage - another reason to keep your receipts.

Back
Top Bottom