One More from the "goldfish bowl" as Mr KOB would say..

Tom seems to think you don't really get erosion there. I think otherwise. Other than your water is way colder , for the most part targets probably don't move around much , hence the "Goldfish bowl effect ". I would also think the very low or minus tides are the only time to truly be successful.

We get plenty of erosion here.. we don't get huge cuts like the west coast gets but we also don't have beach replenishment done here.. Our rocky beaches will erode... with sea levels rising more gold that is stuck deep in the slopes will be freed... after superstorm Sandy rolled through here I killed it the gold was covered in green telling me it came from the wet sand..

When Tom posts those long replies... I don't bother reading them.. if you can't get to the point in a few words its all a waste of my time.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 142
That’s an incredible find. Congrats on a great hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Slider! Unexpected for sure.

Very cool looking class ring- congrats! With so little wear I'm guessing that ring had been there a long time. :yes:
Thanks Compass! Yes more then likely they had just got it. My friend Scott got one this past spring that looked like it was never worn. Not even a scratch! And the Kool was it was from Scott High School and 1959, the year he was born!

:dingding: Congrats on another one but now your're back to an odd number for the year. Another one must be found or it will be 1 year of bad luck with gold next year. :yes: Since you found it next to a private home's dock you will be making an attempt to get it back to its owner right? :lol:
Thanks Master Ring Keeper! Yes, not good..need to get one more then just stop..

Good job Joe... I don't know who is slower... you or me :lol:

I remember that spot FSA46 took us to when you were up and I was waiting patiently for Cupajo to move from that area that he hunted with his pulse ... after he moved I swooped in and worked it slowly.. that was a good spot just not for a pulse machine.. what I end up 4 gold from it... you were hunting between those boulders...
Thanks Craig, Yes that was a fun trip. You guys really know how to have a group hunt!! Slow, I think your slower then me...I seen you in slow Mo when you got the class ring I broke that you found..Never forget that..:shock:

A war nickel is worth about a dollar. I always count them!! Very nice ring and persistence. BRRRRRR
Thanks Scuba! I do save them just not sure what to do with them, I know Mid West Refineries will not take them any more...:(

ONLY 1 gold ? WTH ? How depressing. I'm disappointed that's all you got in a 2 hr hunt. But then you were a fish out of water...you gotta pass on this "1"...
OOoo Never depressing, I would say a Blessing!

Now that's the kind of ring I would like to find ! Congrats !
Thanks SS! You keep at it they will come. :yes:

You mean the one when we met for the first time and you put the note on my window before you left ?

Yeah, I hope you do fine it and post it so everyone knows the kind of person you really are. :laughing:

You guys still have the Pirate Spirit!!!:pirate2:

Another nice one for the year!
Getting back in to those backwater spots has paid off well for you!
Thanks Zeee! Yes this little beach has been very good to me. I had a oldtimer that gave me a list of what he found there in the 80's..Wish I still had it. And I would never tell him I've got over 60 gold rings out of there in 3 years. But back then they had the Whites PI's and dug all and I guess missed a lot.

Thanks Craig, Yes that was a fun trip. You guys really know how to have a group hunt!! Slow, I think your slower then me...I seen you in slow Mo when you got the class ring I broke that you found..Never forget that..:shock:

Joe... it didn't matter that the ring broke.. it was thin, it was brittle... if you feel that bad that you broke it... feel free to send me a replacement :laughing:

that is one of the coolest class rings I have seen- and yes you have to get 1 more for an even number or 3 more or 5 more hahaha-although the way you've been pulling them out it's certainly possible

Wow, again with that old gold. Well done! That ring is sweet looking too, just brilliant.
Great hunt and its always when you least expect it. I had a similar hunt yesterday but that mid tone turned out to be a junker. It aint over till its over!

Congrats and good luck.

Joe... it didn't matter that the ring broke.. it was thin, it was brittle... if you feel that bad that you broke it... feel free to send me a replacement :laughing:
Never forget it in my hand and you standing there.....:oops:..I'll be out Monday in the water looking for the replacement...:fishin:..:D

that is one of the coolest class rings I have seen- and yes you have to get 1 more for an even number or 3 more or 5 more hahaha-although the way you've been pulling them out it's certainly possible
Thanks Melbajoe...I like the big cat head on the front. I do have a lot of favorites...
Man that is a nice one too. Congrats on the gold and thanks for posting - great to see and read!
Thanks GS, Been a good year for class rings and the Rise of the RingKeepers..:shock:

Nice hunt OBN and a cool collection of finds at that. I like to see the old rings with a date rescued. Great capture.
Thanks dd! Some of my favorite rings have been the dated. I just wish the tradition would have continued thru time.

Wow, again with that old gold. Well done! That ring is sweet looking too, just brilliant.
Great hunt and its always when you least expect it. I had a similar hunt yesterday but that mid tone turned out to be a junker. It aint over till its over!

Congrats and good luck.
I agree SS, I get to some of these places and if I've dug gold there before I'm thinking gold but as time wears on I forget that and then boom, it's shows. I've gotten really spoiled at a few places but this hunt here I really wasn't thinking gold, this year I don't have but a few from this spot.
Good Luck on your next adventure.

Back
Top Bottom