Sterling in the Turf!

Diggum

Elite Member
I wanted to hit an older area in my town, but my buddy had not done too well the last couple of times we were there (and honestly, neither had I!), so he suggested we hit a local park with a tot lot that replenishes itself quickly due to the amount of people who use it. Of course, when we got there there were lots of kids on the playground, but since I am looking for another gold before year's end, I was happy to hunt the grass where families sit and cheer on their little soccer players.

I found LOTS of can slaw and half cans in the dirt, quite a nice amount of change, broken ref's whistle, bicycle cam lever, and a very pretty little sterling silver ring. It was about 3" down, rang up 93 on the Deus (I was expecting a quarter), and a little crushed but I got it straightened out. My sister likes the ring, so that will be going to her, but does anyone recognize the markings that are below "STERLING"?

Oh, and it even fits (my pinky)!!

Attachments

• 20201204_162147.jpg
    20201204_162147.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 462
  • 20201204_170736.jpg
    20201204_170736.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 432
  • 20201204_170939.jpg
    20201204_170939.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 446
Nice work !
Thanks, Wom 27!

That is super nice.
My sister is certainly excited to receive it! :yes:

That's a beauty! Agate stone? :?:
Thank you, Swing4TheRing, I believe so.

Good to see some CA action.
Yes sir, Tom, and bound to be more out there! :yes:

Good haul. Always nice to dig a sterling ring. Don't know the mark, but that is a beautiful agate!
Thank you, Foragist!

Very cool art deco looking, beautiful stone
Danke, campnagle!

Congrats on finding a silver ring.
Thank you, metaladdict!

Sweet ring Diggum :thumbsup: good to see you getting out again. I went to the river for a bit today, more of a family outing - son swung the Nox a bit. Lotta trash there :(

Sweet ring Diggum :thumbsup: good to see you getting out again. I went to the river for a bit today, more of a family outing - son swung the Nox a bit. Lotta trash there :(
Hey, thanks, GS! Yeah, the river banks can be loaded with trash. Getting in the water is where it's at, though! Ahem. If you don't mind getting a little frostbite... :laughing:

Sterling is always a welcome find.
Definitely, JAK! Gold is even more welcome! :mder:

Back
Top Bottom