• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Large silver 1709.

Doug

Elite Member
With the Covid-19 lockdown lifted we have gone back into a regional tier system.(England)

With personal restrictions I have managed to get back out into the fields this week.

Quite a rare coin even here in the UK but with an interesting history of the coins of Queen Anne.

The Act of Union of 1707, which effected the unification of the ancient kingdoms of England and Scotland into a single realm, resulted in a change of the royal arms on the Post-Union coins.

After the Union the rose in the centre of the reverse of the coins was replaced by the garter Star. (in the middle between the shields)

Thanks for looking.....Doug.

bMUS3gt.jpg

96JZML1.jpg

Oh, and I couldn't sleep at night with goodies like that lurking to be found where you've been able to get permission to hunt.

Thank you for you for your kind comments and views.

Hopefully I will be going onto the same farm this coming week and back into the same field.

The field is an old orchard close to the 1600's farmhouse, the field holds 2 dried up natural fresh water springs so I assume its seen a lot of use in the 400+ years?

....Doug.

Once again I find myself envious of the incredibly cool old stuff that MDers can find in the UK.

That's a beautiful coin - congrats on an epic find.

Glad to hear you're able to get out despite COVID restrictions - it's dicey now here in the US (especially for crossing state lines). Stay safe & healthy!

Once again I find myself envious of the incredibly cool old stuff that MDers can find in the UK.

That's a beautiful coin - congrats on an epic find.

Glad to hear you're able to get out despite COVID restrictions - it's dicey now here in the US (especially for crossing state lines). Stay safe & healthy!

Thank you.

I found a 1775 King George Half Penny in a local park earlier this year. I have to say that your silver held up considerably better that my copper over the years. :lol:

Having the opportunity to find coins that old would keep me detecting daily! My marriage would be strained to say the least!!! Unfortunately I don’t think there were any coins in my area at the time that coin was made! Unless a stray Spaniard happened to drop one....

Back
Top Bottom