What does your pinpointer ring up as??

Iggyks

Elite Member
Last night I was doing a 45-minute hunt right before dark, and while expecting nothing, hit a couple of IHPs in an area that had never yielded coins for me before. First Indians in close to a couple of years; it was pretty dark out before I left. I had today off so of course I headed back to the same spot. When I got there I realized I had no pinpointer. After searching the car I started walking the field and luckily found it by looking; I was getting ready to sweep the field with my detector. I decided I should see what it rang up as for future reference with all the fall leaves on the ground, and to my surprise, with my Nox 600, I got pretty much no response when I passed my coil over my Garrett Carrot. I had to turn off iron discrimination to really get a signal. It might be worth checking yours... my Carrot has a talent for getting lost and that's something that can spoil a good hunt.

Knocking on wood here LOL!!! :laughing: I haven't had any issue with leaving my pinpointer laying, but I'm terrible about my hand trowel!!!

I’m using a magnetic coiled tether for my carrot. Works fantastic and never gets in my way. No way you’re leaving it behind that way.

i use a retractable key chain reel to secure mine to my belt. it extends out when needed and doesn't tangle at it retracts back into itself. several options on amazon

Where do you buy those? *interested*

This is what I am using only I reconfigured it a bit differently. I attached the lanyard directly to the pinpointer and moved the magnetic catch back to my belt. Magnets are very strong, no way they are pulling apart in the field. When I get home I can pull them apart to clean my pinpointer as needed. Very happy with this setup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIOP9IY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

attachment.php

Reason I moved the magnets back to the belt was that another user said they can interfere with the pinpointer if on that end. One less thing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom