Back in the saddle after 4 years.

DIRT DOBBER

Forum Supporter
So I sold off my Minelabs, F75SE, and Deus about February 2017 as the farm here in Tennessee started taking too much of my time, but I’m back. I imagine I’m not remembered, except by maybe a few guys I irritated, so I thought I’d reintroduce myself. Bob McBride from way back in the hills and hollers of Middle TN here. Picked up another Deus with a few of the new coils and I’m anxiously waiting for them to arrive by, apparently, Pony Express. Since my farm was occupied by the Ohio Volunteer Militia (because we were something of a county of guerrillas) during the war of Yankee Aggression I thought I’d see what the X35 and the 9.5x5 HF could find out by the old creek where the cavalry picketed for two seasons. Good to see not much has changed with you yahoos. ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like you got good detecting areas !
welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

Last edited:
I do have great relic areas. I’m 30 miles from the Battle of Stones River site and right slap dab in the middle of occupation territory. Lots of winter camps, etc. all around. Great untouched 1800’s homesites and lots of great coin shooting ops. I am involved with traditional black powder shooting heavily, which is closely related to metal detecting, insofar as the same sort of miscreant are involved in both pastimes. I’m glad to be back into detecting. I’ve missed it.

Howdy,
Am familiar with your name from the ALR and M'loading websites. I'm new to this myself.
Cheers,
R

That's me Ron. I was wondering if I would get any comments from anyone who knew me from there or my YouTube channel due to the sort of historical relationship between the hobbies. Nice to see you over here..

Welcome back - just returned in October from a long lay-off myself. Loving it.

Back
Top Bottom