• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Update: EXTRA RARE, EXTRA LARGE CC ends 5 year drought

NevTrac

Forum Supporter
It's been a very long time since I've posted an eye popping find. I think this one rates up there though. Last week I hunted a spot that is being cleared for development. I found a couple good things there years ago when it was still covered in sage brush. I dug this coin at 8" deep in a spot where they scraped off about 6" of dirt so it's no wonder why I missed it before.
I believe 1889 is the rarest CC Morgan minted, but unfortunately the soil was not kind to this basically uncirculated coin. It's on it's way to be graded so we will have to wait and see how it comes back.
My last great find was my avatar over 5 years ago. There have been times when I thought of giving up, but I'm so glad I didn't. Keep Swinging and

Unfortunately the coin came back from NGC in a body bag. Active corrosion was the reason. Such a bummer! I think this coin went from the mint to the dirt on the same day:mad:

Attachments

• CC Morgan 1.jpg
    CC Morgan 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,126
  • CC Morgan 2.jpg
    CC Morgan 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,094
  • Cc Morgan 3.jpg
    Cc Morgan 3.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,076
  • CC Morgan 4.jpg
    CC Morgan 4.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,078
Last edited:
If you're upset that the soil might have been unkind to it, then send it to me. I will gladly suffer the indignity ! Great show.

Oh, .... an you're staying on your side of the CA/NV border right ? So that you don't incur the 30% fee to me, right ? :cool3:

Big congrats on a super valuable coin.
It looks like the 1885cc has only 228000 minted while the 1889cc has 350000 minted. Why would the 1889cc be worth so much more according to the Red book and the Blue book?

Back
Top Bottom