• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver Dime Superfecta w/1853 Seated

CharlieT84

Elite Member
I had two hours to detect before dark when I stepped out of the car. I was at my favorite park and went to an area of it that I have not spent much time at. I turned the Equinox on and walked about ten feet from the car and my first signal turned out to be a 1958 Rosy. Three feet away my second signal turned out to be a 1924 Mercury. Something special is going on, 2 Silver dimes in about 7 minutes. I spent 4 hours yesterday to get one silver.
I worked that area over and came up with 3 wheaties and a few clad dimes. I circled out a bit over the next hour finding a quarter, a dollar coin and some more pennies. Then I came back close to where I found the silver dimes and dug a 22 signal. Out pops a very worn 1853 Seated dime. I was thinking it would be too much to ask to dig a Barber and hit the trifecta +1. Three signals later I hit the jackpot -a 1914S Barber. Unfortunately I nicked it. These four dimes came within an area less than 20 feet across. A great 2 hour hunt that seemed like a half hour.

Attachments

• IMG_1688r.jpg
    IMG_1688r.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1687r.jpg
    IMG_1687r.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1686r.jpg
    IMG_1686r.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 420
:shock: That is one surreal hunt. 4 silver dimes in two hours. All that close together.

Seeing all 4 together like that is amazing.
I would display them together

Congrats on the dime Grand Slam!

:shock: That is one surreal hunt. 4 silver dimes in two hours. All that close together.

A park?? Why can’t I find parks like these????? Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing all 4 together like that is amazing.
I would display them together

Great hunt....I'm happy to get ANY silver dime but all four would be a dream come true.

Thanks all I was quite surprised that I found them in two hours. Very happy with my first dime grandslam. It is a spot where I have done well, but usually in two hours I would find 2 dozen nails and maybe a silver dime. I just hit a lucky spot I guess.

Excellent!!
Thank you
Living my dreams vicariously through you Charlie!
TY and Come on board...I hope to keep the train going.. LOL.. I know I'm lucky to have access to this spot.
Wow! Greats digs!! Congrats on those dimes!
Thank you!
A spectacular feat to say the least ! Quadrifecta ! Congratulations ! :holycow:
:dingding:
Thank you!
Incredible hunt. Congrats!
Don’t see that very often..4 generations....nice
Man!! HUGE congrats!!! That is nothing short of FREAKING AWESOME!!
That's absolutely amazing!
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Congrats on piecing together those four different kinds of dimes! That is a hard thing to do.
Thank you all. I wish you all find a great spot like this one. There are tons of nails to sort thru and its a bit of work as these are pretty much all iffy signals. But I am willing to have a four hour hunt with 3 to 4 dozen nails, nothing old to speak of during the hunt - yet believing the next time there will be a multi silver day.

Back
Top Bottom