Curse of Oak Island - Season 8

They found a gold gilt button once and were jumping up and down stating that they had finally found gold! What little credibility they had went out the window with that episode.

While I like Gary as a character, I happened to see another appearance he made on an old treasure hunting show where he was doing the same thing. Finding nothing, jumping up and down making wild stories up. It's his thing. I'm sure he has found plenty in his career, but I've not seen a tv appearance with him where he seemed serious.

Since it is a "reality" show they have to "Find" things to keep people interested. Did they actually fond something or did they fake that also. In my opinion they are faking everything. The huge payback will make liars of some good people

On point. You can see it in there faces when they are all at the table. How they kept semi-straight faces is beyond me. But for the fact they must have been edited out.

It's his thing. I'm sure he has found plenty in his career,

His claim to fame is finding an Emerald Spanish treasure ring worth around 1/2 million dollars along with other beach finds. He reminds me of the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.

Ken

I have watched this show from the start. Enjoyed almost every episode. But I am also a realist and as was stated if some kind of "treasure" had been found it would be all over the news. To me, I look at this show the same way a six year old looks at the night before Christmas. The anticipation at what was to come, and the excitement is what keeps me watching. It's a reality show. Enjoy it for what it is intended for. ;):D

While I like Gary as a character, I happened to see another appearance he made on an old treasure hunting show where he was doing the same thing. Finding nothing, jumping up and down making wild stories up. It's his thing. I'm sure he has found plenty in his career, but I've not seen a tv appearance with him where he seemed serious.

I think Gary would like to pick up more TV work, and as such behaves in this over the top manner to make himself and what he does more "watchable" so to speak.

When he first appeared on Oak Island, I googled him and found his website where he described him self as a "metal detecting ninja"...When I read that, I couldn't help thinking: "N*b" , a very British expression that means exactly what it says!...

Since then he has grown on me a bit, but I wish he would do a TV which was a bit more about detecting itself, something more instructional, and with less staged finds...

Finally watched the new episode yesterday.
They found a circle of rocks..big whoop.
A metal detector found a coin, top pocket stuff, called the brothers to tell them that this could change everything and then refused to let on any more about it until he shows it to them in person.
Which will be revealed in next week's show.

They seem to be really reaching this year....I think it's getting worse.

I think it's about time that the Lagina guy with the dark hair and white beard got them to match color-wise. :lol: How come they're not wearing masks?

It's a tv show, they will do WHATEVER they have to for ratings, it's not dishonest, it's not trying to be news, it's A TV SHOW made for entertainment.
Gary is a beach hunter who got lucky, wrote a few books and got a sweet tv deal, good for him!

Soap opera for guys. I hate soap operas, the drama never ends. I know we get desperate to experience anything with detecting this time of year, but I won't waste another second on this show. JMO

What we are watching is a non-reality tv show before our very eyes ! After an episode I ask myself : did I just watch that ?

Gary Drayton doesn’t do his gold dance, but he does yell out two words, “Roman, baby!”

For me as a German it is really very hard to see and hear something like that, if you have found Roman finds yourself several times. If I remember rightly it was about a fish harpoon, which was presented to the spectators as roman.

Soap opera for guys. I hate soap operas, the drama never ends. I know we get desperate to experience anything with detecting this time of year, but I won't waste another second on this show. JMO
Exactly. Watched a few seconds of it years ago. Just too goofy for me.
What strikes me as odd is how serious some utube detectorists are about the "art" part of their videos.

I see that the back episodes are running on one of my over the air channels, Quest maybe?

While I have never watched much more than previews, I have been forced to sit through a single episode of the bachelor some years ago.

Knowing nothing else, I would think Oak Island would have to be much more entertaining.

BTW; best I could tell, there was no treasure to be had on the bachelor either...

I have to admit, we do watch each episode.

Notice they have gone from "treasure" to archaeology? But apparently back to treasure hunting.

I DO, however find some things interesting, like the idea of the ship sunk in the swamp, and even that stupid paved road.

The best thing they found was definitely the lead cross.

On a side note, if you go to KellyCo in Orlando, they have a cool little diorama of the original shaft & 50ft stone.

The best thing they found was definitely the lead cross.

I've been thinking about sending my uncle in Canada some of my Roman finds to bury in Oak Island or partially scatter in the swamp. I think that would be a lot of fun for me to see how they all freak out when they find something really Roman on Oak Island.

I've only watched a handful of episodes when there is nothing more interesting to watch. I'm waiting to see what's sunk in the marsh. I'm figuring some sort of dam wall, instead of a ship. With those large excavators, why not dig the treasure out and get it over with...but then that would just end the series...lol.

Heavy sigh...

I just sat through a whole episode.

"A stick, found in a swamp? Could it be...???"

"A lump of iron, found on an island where people have been living and working for hundreds of years? Could it be...???"

Past time for Marty to jump a tank full of sharks on a motorcycle to raise money to save Rick who has lapsed into a coma. Anything but sticks and lumps of iron like I find everywhere I go.

"A square pull tab, in a park created less than 40 years ago? Could it be...???"

- Dave

Back
Top Bottom