Quick hunt produces a Good For Trade token

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I went out today to check out a large permission I got earlier this summer. It is most of a small, totally abandoned town northwest of where I live. I went out to see if the ground was as hard as it was farther north last weekend. Since I was out there and had a couple hours to burn I figured I'd detect some.
Amazingly the ground wasn't frozen at all! A bit hard, but nothing that'll destroy a Lesche like my last adventure.
The first digable signal I came across was 4" down and rang up like a silver dime. Had a fairly easy time digging the plug and ended up popping out a token! The grass cover kept the ground from freezing thankfully.
Found a half dozen headstamps after that as well as a suspender clasp.
Hopefully I can get back out there for a bit tomorrow and Saturday for sure.
3a2952c4645ebf3520761648fb220b8d.jpg
c492e120f00885d27dded84e6d3ad97b.jpg
5d0b666cce54e8869d3e1dadd7c3d808.jpg
0a89576bcd2b7ad2ce01d93e53828191.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s a cool piece, that cleaned up really nice.

Nice find.

Good show. I like the before & after pix. And most of us would rather get old tokens than old coins any day.

Nice token. Any idea what store it was good for?
Thanks TNT! No idea what store it came from.....I do have a theory though.
I found it in Aurelia, ND which is 35 miles northwest of Minot, ND.
Minot has a listing for a C.F. Nelson in the token catalog and Aurelia has a couple tokens with N.E. Nelson on them........
My theory is that C.F. Nelson from Minot was in Aurelia at some point and had a store but the only link I have there is that there was a Nelson from Aurelia with a store at some point.

Kind of a far fetched theory but that's all I've got so far. [emoji16]

Tokens are my #1 target when detecting. I love the history behind them.

You and me, both! I just wish I could find more of them - I usually only find 2 or 3 a year. But they're just oozing with local history and so much more unique than a "run of the mill" coin!

Nice save, Tundra, and great job cleaning it up - looks fabulous!

You and me, both! I just wish I could find more of them - I usually only find 2 or 3 a year. But they're just oozing with local history and so much more unique than a "run of the mill" coin!

Nice save, Tundra, and great job cleaning it up - looks fabulous!
Thanks Airmet! I'll take a token over silver any day!

Back
Top Bottom