Any lead ideas ?

Wom 27

Elite Member
I’m starting to squire a fair amount of lead. I thought about bb ammo but it seemed a lot of work for something so cheap. Then I thought fishing weights but
I’m not near the water for buyers. What do you do with yours ?

I just throw mine away. But I've had the same curiosity over the years, thinking "there must be a place to sell this stuff ?"

Lead is around 87 cents a pound right now. If dirty, you get less than clean lead price. Look up scrap metal dealers in your area.

Good info. I know that dead/defunct car batteries (that can no longer take a charge) still have a buck or two value, because of the recycle lead value in them.

So if someone does a lot of beach hunting, and gets enough pounds of them over the year's trips, it would be worth keeping a pale to stock up . And then find out who the metal buyers are in your city for such a niche thing as lead.

I cast mine into pistol bullets. But youll have to sell local to get anything. Shipping kills as im sure you know.

Soft lead for casting black powder bullets. Hard head for center-fire bullets. Anything for fishing tackle.
Craig's list or recycler as said above buy it. You can easily melt it and and pour in a "mold" which will make it clean (well ventilated area) Don't accidentally mix zinc in it.

Put a small ad in your local paper,you,ll most likely find a willing buyer.Bullet casters and fishermen who cast their own sinkers and jigs are always on the lookout for lead.

Back
Top Bottom