I Found a Gold Ring!! (Sort of)

SmirkAtTheMerc

Elite Member
Look at this! I found this large antique ring at someone from my church's house! It looks like it's made of gold, but the inside is silver-colored. The ring looks like it had been sautered before. It may be a gold overlay. The owner did a bad job at the soldering. It's pretty rough. The ring has no markings on the inside that say what kind of gold it is.
The inside of the ring has the name or brand; Elliott Phila and some cursive writing I can't read. The last gold ring I've found was around three or four years ago!
:cool3::cool3::cool3:
Now I can edit my signature to 2 pieces of gold!

Attachments

• IMG-4363.jpg
    IMG-4363.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 956
  • IMG-4364.jpg
    IMG-4364.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG-4365.jpg
    IMG-4365.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG-4366.jpg
    IMG-4366.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 837
  • IMG-4367.jpg
    IMG-4367.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
Look at this! I found this large antique ring at someone from my church's house! It looks like it's made of gold, but the inside is silver-colored. The ring looks like it had been sautered before. It may be a gold overlay. The owner did a bad job at the soldering. It's pretty rough. The ring has no markings on the inside that say what kind of gold it is.
The inside of the ring has the name or brand; Elliott Phila and some cursive writing I can't read. The last gold ring I've found was around three or four years ago!
:cool3::cool3::cool3:
Now I can edit my signature to 2 pieces of gold!

Huge congrats man! That’s awesome

I’d say it’s on the up and up. After all good things happen in Phildelphia!

The ring is most likely rolled gold on top of silver or some other base metal...the back of the ring gave it away for me. Its old for sure... I have found many like that the gold was on top of silver...

Looks very nice and a interesting save. Unfortunately I don't think it's solid gold and that is just my Opinion....I hope I'm wrong....... During the late 1800's they started applying thin layers of gold over a cheaper metal base. I've found a few rings like that, some were marked Hand Laid gold, some Rolled gold. Some unmarked also, found several small crosses the same. The gold is way thicker than plating, so thick you can pull it off. The good is it's does not have a fineness mark which may put the age of the ring before 1906.

See if I can find a picture of one of my rings that is the same.

Looks very nice and a interesting save. Unfortunately I don't think it's solid gold and that is just my Opinion....I hope I'm wrong....... During the late 1800's they started applying thin layers of gold over a cheaper metal base. I've found a few rings like that, some were marked Hand Laid gold, some Rolled gold. Some unmarked also, found several small crosses the same. The gold is way thicker than plating, so thick you can pull it off. The good is it's does not have a fineness mark which may put the age of the ring before 1906.

See if I can find a picture of one of my rings that is the same.

Yes, I think it's just a gold overlay. At least it's better than a gold plating! :yes:

I agree. I found my first ring last weekend, which was some cheap aluminum ring, likely from the 30s-40s, that had a name engraved on it. Not worth anything from a financial perspective, but priceless to me.

A ring is a ring!

Sweet Ring

I was very excited over my first gold ring even though it was heavy plating still yours is very old and cool.

Best find lead canon ball ,plat ring 24k pendant
Cz21,Cz5,Atpro,Seahunter2,Ace250,300,Apex

Back
Top Bottom