Found myself some Bolt Cutters

Diabolik

Elite Member
I was hunting along the woods at a local county park today when I found these 18 inch bolt cutters. They were well hidden under leaves. The NOX was screaming as I passed over it. I think maybe somebody that was up to no good left them there. There is a large steel observation tower right next to where I found these and the gate to the stairwell is padlocked. I am really wondering if somebody was not trying to get in there and maybe somebody came along so they ditched them? They are very clean so they could not have been there very long. One of the jaws is chipped, but I am pretty certain Kobalt tools carry a lifetime warranty. I am going to check with my local Lowe’s to see if they’ll replace them

Never knowing what you might find is one of the best parts of this hobby.

Attachments

• 554EF59A-B162-4269-9FB6-1DA022B65C39.jpg
    554EF59A-B162-4269-9FB6-1DA022B65C39.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 259
Never knowing what you might find is one of the best parts of this hobby.

Isn't that the truth!

Here's weird stuff I've found and brought home:

A small metal baseball bat. Buried VERTICALLY in a volleyball pit.
A folding table. Found by some bushes on the far edge of a field.
Folding Camp Chairs. Piled up at a trash point following a weekend of sports on a field.
Multiple Camelback water bottles (Just laying in a "weekend only" field on a Mid-week day.)
Hammer In the middle of a soccer field, about 4" down.
Front right quarter panel of a 1990's model Ford. Under the sod layer. Was curious what it was. I found the corner of it, pulled and the whole thing slid out.
About a dozen of these things over the years... (I still have NO idea why they'd be in baseball fields... that's the only place I find them). They look like the tree stand screws, like below, but the threads go all the way up!
epjH4HLrI_PyOuPPwVp3P4RUXk0DDzarRjfeETe61EokrsXT8tARuvjZxa9mU7MaY6wkC9K8gGZg996xdOmXz0gBsCmqWeoYmCdctcIxPH9yqnRbsZ_jZK9_

About a half-dozen drug pipes; They seem to be only in parks fields. Fortunately, never found any in school lots!
Folding Scissors. I've found three of them. Like the kind found in Grandma's sewing kit!
Brass Eagles... Found 2 of them. Finally figured out they topped flag poles.
Brass Owls... Found 3 of them. Can't figure out where an OWL would be used. They aren't any bigger than the brass eagles, so they're not used to scare away birds...
8" Metal Hummingbird. Flat. Like it was welded together and then lost in the field. So weird.

There's definitely some odd stuff out there...

Skippy

Isn't that the truth!

Folding Camp Chairs. Piled up at a trash point following a weekend of sports on a field.
Multiple Camelback water bottles (Just laying in a "weekend only" field on a Mid-week day.)
Front right quarter panel of a 1990's model Ford. Under the sod layer. Was curious what it was. I found the corner of it, pulled and the whole thing slid out.
About a dozen of these things over the years... (I still have NO idea why they'd be in baseball fields... that's the only place I find them). They look like the tree stand screws, like below, but the threads go all the way up!
epjH4HLrI_PyOuPPwVp3P4RUXk0DDzarRjfeETe61EokrsXT8tARuvjZxa9mU7MaY6wkC9K8gGZg996xdOmXz0gBsCmqWeoYmCdctcIxPH9yqnRbsZ_jZK9_

About a half-dozen drug pipes; They seem to be only in parks fields. Fortunately, never found any in school lots!
Folding Scissors. I've found three of them. Like the kind found in Grandma's sewing kit!
Brass Owls... Found 3 of them. Can't figure out where an OWL would be used. They aren't any bigger than the brass eagles, so they're not used to scare away birds...
8" Metal Hummingbird. Flat. Like it was welded together and then lost in the field. So weird.

Skippy

That’s quite a bit or randomness. Today I kept finding these aluminum “tips” with 4 blades that looked like they were broken off of some sort of ground stake. Finally, later in the day I found a complete one buried a couple of inches under the sod. Thing is 8 inches long. A very serious stake with a small knob threaded into the end of it.

Attachments

• E64F743E-0260-424C-872C-C40B0BD9D5B8.jpg
    E64F743E-0260-424C-872C-C40B0BD9D5B8.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 237
Isn't that the truth!

Skippy

I've found those T screw things in baseball fields too!

Yeah somebody was up to no good. Probably going to break in and cut out whatever copper was there. You not only performed a community service but may have saved some dummies life if he was going after copper wire. Good job D. Mark

I've found those T screw things in baseball fields too!

I've talked to baseball players and coaches, and they're at a loss for what they could be. It's just WEIRD. I've spoken with a few other detectorists, and they also report they've found them in ball fields. Have no idea what they'd be used for. It's clearly a wood screw, but the handle part throws me...

Next time I find one, I'm going to take picture, before I throw it away. LOL

Skippy

I hunt a couple of local sports parks and I constantly find pieces of the fencing both buried and on the surface everywhere. Bits of wire, little clips and broken pieces of post toppers.

Me too, I feel like my MD “empire” is to be built on wire fence remnants and staples.

Quick update on this find. I contacted my local Lowe’s who informed me they would absolutely replace these bolt cutters with a new set no questions asked. One of the easiest exchanges ever. I now have a shiny new set of bolt cutters that I’ll probably never need, but hey, If I ever do, now I have a set.

Attachments

• F19D2E69-8813-4F61-A633-4181737C4986.jpg
    F19D2E69-8813-4F61-A633-4181737C4986.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom