Confused About Ring

Lee1968

Elite Member
In the park today, I came across this ring that rang up in the low 20's. It was on the surface as all I had to do was move the grass around to see it. I thought it was cool, but obviously not anything great being a solid black color. When I got home, I handed it to my wife since there was writing on the inside I couldn't make out. After a little cleaning and using the loupe, she said it says "10 kt". I looked and sure enough, it is very readable in the loupe. What I also noticed, was how bad the finish looked so I am confused. Could it be a black ring that is 10 kt gold???? Wouldn't the finish be better if they coated it with something? It is a chunky ring, weighing in at 10.68 grams. I had a hard time getting good pictures so I hope you can make out what it looks like. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

20200913_140525 - Edited (1).jpg

20200913_135717 - Edited.jpg

20200913_140001 - Edited.jpg

20200913_140137 - Edited.jpg

10KT means gold usually

Hello:
What are the stones on the sides??
10KT is low gold content .410 max so can tarnish a little if in the ground. Polish and see what it looks like then send more pics

definitely take to reputable jeweler. i have had them toss them in cleaner and quick polish and not even charge. pawnshops owners sometimes know enough and can test for gold. its a really nice looking ring, really nice. i would wear it for sure and i dont normally wear the things.

I'm leaning towards it being plated. Cool ring though

That is my thought. Actually, that "10k stamp pic" is also very harsh looking all around the inside of the ring, plus being it was found on top of the ground like it was? It could just be a junker.

I don't know I believe that I would at least put some baking soda in the palm of your hand and add a few drops of water to make a paste and rub it on an area to see if it shines up. If so take it to a jeweler and have them check it out. Looks like it may be a goodern. Good luck with that.

Don

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom