• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

773 inside a diamond

Kale1278

I finally cleaned a a bottle I found (well half a bottle), and it has a stamp of 773 inside a diamond. Anyone know what this means? I have searched and see all kinds of marking just north this one.

Thanks

Your profile doesn't say where you are located, but most diamond markings are Diamond/Dominion Glass Co. from Canada. Also was Diamond Glass Co. Royersford, Pa. There was another diamond logo belonging to the Illinois Glass Co. that was a diamond with "666" inside it.

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/diamond-i-or-i-inside-a-diamond-mark-seen-on-antique-bottles/

Scroll down until you find the picture of the diamond with numbers inside.

"“766” inside a diamond – mark on the base of a small “generic” light aqua bottle made by Illinois Glass Company. This identified the bottle as their “No 766” mold in bottle catalogs and/or communications with buyers.
There are also many bottles known with a number or number/letter combination within a diamond. These are also products of Illinois Glass Company, and some of the these numbers have been matched up with bottle style listings in early trade catalogs published by Illinois."

Your profile doesn't say where you are located, but most diamond markings are Diamond/Dominion Glass Co. from Canada. Also was Diamond Glass Co. Royersford, Pa. There was another diamond logo belonging to the Illinois Glass Co. that was a diamond with "666" inside it.

I didn’t realize that. Fixed now! I’m in north Texas. I found the bottle on a lot that has been has been occupied since the 1890’s with who know how many buildings / houses....

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/diamond-i-or-i-inside-a-diamond-mark-seen-on-antique-bottles/

Scroll down until you find the picture of the diamond with numbers inside.

"“766” inside a diamond – mark on the base of a small “generic” light aqua bottle made by Illinois Glass Company. This identified the bottle as their “No 766” mold in bottle catalogs and/or communications with buyers.
There are also many bottles known with a number or number/letter combination within a diamond. These are also products of Illinois Glass Company, and some of the these numbers have been matched up with bottle style listings in early trade catalogs published by Illinois."

Thank you. I scoured these pages and can’t find anything. I double it’s anything special. Thanks for the link. ;)

Back
Top Bottom