• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Three silver rings. In a ROW...

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
I hunted for 2 hours on Monday, and 2 hours yesterday. I pulled one silver ring on Monday, and two of them yesterday. All back-to-back (no junkers between).

All at three different sites, too!
(photo is right to left)
Monday was an elementary school (Far right) - rang up 80-81
Yesterday was a City park (middle) - rang up solid 80
Followed by a public soccer field (Far left). Rang up solid 81

In all cases, I thought I was going to bend down and pick up a dime or a stack of pennies...

Here's the amazing thing... ALL three rings were simply "stepped on" into the ground. This only means they've been lost sometime between now, and when the grass went dormant, sometime in late September. All were covered by the grass droppings, but not visible without moving things away (possibly one mow over them?)

It sure was fun, to have three in a row. :)

This is why I get out when it's 27 degrees. Early bird gets the proverbial worm. :)

These are rings #189-191 for the year. Just 9 more to go to hit my 200 target.

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
Nice work man!

You just passed my best year at 188 rings, and that was mostly water hunting...

To pull that off on land is remarkable, big congrats!!

<°)))>{

Nice job man, you got some nice hunting grounds :)

I’ve found 40 rings this year, but I don’t get out every day, or every other, sadly!

Congrats!

You are the Ring King! Nice Going! Giving ID numbers without knowing which detector that you're using has me a little confused. :p Compadre??? :laughing:

beephead

Man you are a ring magnet!! What the heck! how about leaving some for us regular guys?:lol:

Nice trifecta! Maybe you can fill out your 200 card this weekend!

I know I could finish up in probably 2 hunts, if I go find a new elementary school I've not hit. There's always a bunch of junk rings in those... but frankly, I'd rather have some nice rings to fill out the rest of the year, so I think i'll be working more soccer fields, and stuff.

This afternoon I'll be headed out (just after lunch, when work is done), and I'll get started, and then tomorrow, I'll probably get out in the afternoon again...

Cheers!

Skippy

Three nice silver rings! I do like the one on the right the best.........

Your ring count beats mine for the year also, this was my best year ever 181...:tissue:

Good looking little rings, you are SO close to 200, get back out there!

I went out, yesterday afternoon. Found two more rings, one in a park next to a school, and one in the school yard (after school got out). Both junkers. The first one was at a full 5" and was just a faint 62 signal. When I pulled it out, it had a slight gold sheen to it, but alas, it was corroded.

Ah well... those were 192, and 193. Just 7 more to go.

Back
Top Bottom