Latest finds from over the big pond.

Doug

Elite Member
Living down here in the South-West of England we have very wet if not mild winters so it is possible to hunt most days over the winter all be it a bit wet and muddy at times.

All these finds came from either stubble fields or pasture fields, none of the finds were that deep not even in pasture fields this is due to crop rotation over the years.

All the finds found with my XP Deus Lite and in the main with the 9" coil.

Thanks for looking.............Doug.

Circa 1st Century Roman brooch. Grass field.
6z4hyLo.jpg

Assortment of finds.
grEKUn2.jpg

G3WnsyX.jpg

MgfuEdM.jpg

Roman brooch & 2nd-4th century Roman coins.
RGyzaz7.jpg

Thanks for sharing your finds, Doug. Love seeing the history from across the years. Congrats!

Great Finds! Hey, myself and our Brother XTerra recently both found that large penny! Mine in America, and his in Australia! You Brits sure got around! :laughing:

Just a few more 2,000 year old Roman brooches..... Bah humbug......

:lol:

Great finds as usual Doug!!!

Cool digs there Doug. Dumb question; When you write "stubble fields" are you referring to corn fields? Just curious bro.

Great recoveries Doug! I know everytime I see you post in this section we are going to see something very good!

Thank you Mr Chopper.

Your posts never disappoint! Congrats.

Thank you.

Thats a wow . enjoyed looking at history

Thank you.

Just awesome! (as usual). Thanks for sharing!

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing your finds, Doug. Love seeing the history from across the years. Congrats!

Thank you.

The patina on those two coins (the halfpenny (?) and penny) is beautiful! Nice finds :)

Thank you, although we have kind soil pre Victoria coins non silver don't fair as well.

WOW! It seems like everything y'all find over there is super old. Big Congrats!

beephead

Thank you, even me is old!

I love seeing your posts Doug! Amazing finds as always!

Thank you.

Great Finds! Hey, myself and our Brother XTerra recently both found that large penny! Mine in America, and his in Australia! You Brits sure got around! :laughing:

We sure do get around Mr Mud.

Just a few more 2,000 year old Roman brooches..... Bah humbug......

:lol:

Great finds as usual Doug!!!

Thank you, I'm surrounded with history up to a point from the Bronze Age to present day.( "At first the metal used was copper, but by about 2200 BC bronze (an alloy of copper and tin) was being worked in Britain.")
Cool digs there Doug. Dumb question; When you write "stubble fields" are you referring to corn fields? Just curious bro.

Thank you.

Stubble fields are fields that have had their crop taken out over the summer and will be left untouched until next April/May when they will be seeded with maize.

The condition of this fibula is just amazing!
Good job, Doug - as usual. :)

BTW - Happy Holidays!

Wow very cool stuff. Nice to see some of those old and unique finds still popping up out of crop fields that have been tilled continuously over the centuries :yes::D

Back
Top Bottom