Today I Smashed My Old Record

beephead

Elite Member
My old record was 2 quarters in one hole. LOL Today I found a stack of 13 quarters in one hole. I almost passed it up because it was so shallow and loud. One of these days I'm going to unearth a huge stack of silver quarters out of one hole. That day is coming!

I took my newly acquired MXT Pro out for a test run today to see what it could do. The site I selected wasn't really old enough to produce much, if any silver, but I did manage to find 4 wheat pennies and a deep US military button before heading out to older ground.

I went to a old site that I call EMI Hell to see how the MXT Pro would handle the EMI. To my surprise it didn't seem to bother the detector at all. I only detected there for a short while, but I managed to find a couple of really deep wheat pennies in all the thick trash using the big 950 search coil. It was nulling out like crazy but still finding stuff. I can't wait to go back with one of my new smaller search coils that I just ordered. I'm going to have a hay day.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1270.jpg
    IMG_1270.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 797
That is super cool, surprised you didn't find any silver with all of those Wheaties you found. Recently I found an old sock filled with modern clad, I was super pumped to open it up but alas..just clad....great hunt of the strips!

Well, you got me beat on a jumbo stack of 13 Q's!.:mad:....Thats a real trophy! I think I found a stack of 10 once..I Know I found a stack of 8...Of course, I've never found the Silver coins and gold rings like you have! I gotta up my game now! :laughing:

Thats awesome beephead! Can you imagine if they were all old Barbers or Standers? Nice Work!

Attachments

• stack of 8.jpg
    stack of 8.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 755
  • STACK.jpg
    STACK.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 721
Wait, did someone hijack Beephead's computer? I don't see any silver coins. That can't be right. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nice hunt. I'll take clad quarters any time.

Awesome! Hey, any guesses on how it happened? I found 11 dimes in the same hole in LF one time and to this day I can't figure how that could have happened. :?:

That is super cool, surprised you didn't find any silver with all of those Wheaties you found. Recently I found an old sock filled with modern clad, I was super pumped to open it up but alas..just clad....great hunt of the strips!
Thanks! According to one ole timer this site was hit super hard some years ago.

Well, you got me beat on a jumbo stack of 13 Q's!.:mad:....Thats a real trophy! I think I found a stack of 10 once..I Know I found a stack of 8...Of course, I've never found the Silver coins and gold rings like you have! I gotta up my game now! :laughing:

Thats awesome beephead! Can you imagine if they were all old Barbers or Standers? Nice Work!
Thanks! I go out everyday with high hopes of finding a huge spill of old silver coins. A few years back, all in separate holes in about a 30 foot radius, I found a Rosie, a Mercury Dime, a Barber Dime and a Seated Dime in a single hunt, so anything is possible. Finding a big silver coin spill should be a piece of cake! lol

Wait, did someone hijack Beephead's computer? I don't see any silver coins. That can't be right. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nice hunt. I'll take clad quarters any time.
Thanks! Heck, I should have found at least one Rosie. The stars weren't lined up right.

Quarter Bonanza!!!

Congrats
Thanks! Something told me to dig.

Awesome! Hey, any guesses on how it happened? I found 11 dimes in the same hole in LF one time and to this day I can't figure how that could have happened. :?:
Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out why someone would be carrying 13 quarters.

beephead

I believe it was probably a partial roll of quarters that was lost and the paper around them eventually eroded away. Nice find:)

Love record smashing finds! You beat me too. I dug 7 clad quarters in a hole this year, and thought that was a lot of fun!
Looks like you got a little copper, brass, etc. too...plus the wheats...plus a very good clad haul...and what about that button? US? Is that Civil War era, or what? Don't know buttons much, but don't see the US ones often.
Nice hunt.

I believe it was probably a partial roll of quarters that was lost and the paper around them eventually eroded away. Nice find:)
We'll never really know, but your guess is as good as anyone else's.

I too expected all of these to be silver :laughing:
Nice finds beep.
Thanks! Smashing last year's record ain't gonna happen this year.

WOW, nice find beep Congratulations !!
Thanks! There were plenty of coins to find.

Love record smashing finds! You beat me too. I dug 7 clad quarters in a hole this year, and thought that was a lot of fun!
Looks like you got a little copper, brass, etc. too...plus the wheats...plus a very good clad haul...and what about that button? US? Is that Civil War era, or what? Don't know buttons much, but don't see the US ones often.
Nice hunt.
Thanks! I don't know a lot about buttons and civil war stuff, but I'm guess this button is from WW2.

beephead

I had a buddy who is no longer with us that used to hunt a lot in Virginia with a MD club. They had a favorite spot and they always talked about a piece of pipe that they always hit as a kind of marker. One day, a young man, sick of the pipe always getting him excited decided to dig it up. The pipe was a roll of silver quarters, apparently collected at a concession stand and dropped where they strung out across the ground for a foot and a half before vanishing into the earth. That big silver spill may be out there for you.

Record Smashing

Congrates on your smashing an old record. I once found 39 quarters in a row, all 1776-1976 Bi Centennial. and four more, all within two feet of each other.
Another time I found 21 dimes in a row. I don't take pleasure in playing top this, but it just goes to show that people do loose rolls of coins.
HH everyone
PS Talk about loosing coins, a few years ago, I lost a SLQ with a date. I was so excited I found it metal detecting, I wanted to show everyone. And just last week, I found an 1898 Indian Head Penny and showed it to the guys in the coin store. Well, you guessed it, when I got home, just like with the SLQ, I couldn't find it. Boo ho X 2.

Back
Top Bottom