Cut across the line

pan4au

Elite Member
anyone had to deal with a logger that cut across the line?
There was so logging done on a neighbors property and I thought that they had cut some of my trees(14 or 15) along with leaving a lot of treetops on my property. A survey confirmed it today.
I have contacted the State Dept of Ag. and I'm waiting on a call back from a forester to determine the value of my timber. I have talked to a different logger and was informed that any of my cut timber would be three stump, 3 times the timber value. I took some pics and vids today of cut trees just in case the area is disturbed before the investigating officer can get there to collect evidence.
I was wanting to here of others experience with the same TIA

I have been part of developments where this has happened. Yeah 3 times is what you get and its pretty hard to get more. You can hire a lawyer but the ones i've seen get kicked because of the statute regarding this. The harvesting company will be your first contact then working your way up until you're paid. Pretty common so shouldn't be an issue. With every entity you will want to include their insurance company. G.L.

Thanks. I want to be fair plus I want those tree tops off me. They should also cover the survey cost. I won't know the value of the oaks until I get with a forester.. I think they may have cut 1 or two black walnut

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

The new owner and the father of the previous owner called last night. I told them that I was waiting on a Forrester and the investigating officer to collect evidence. I took some vids during the survey that showed the stumps and treetops as line was being laid down I also took some pics. When they get in there with their equipment I'm sure some of the flags and ribbons will be disturbed

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Like I said it happens as long as they acknowledge that and reimburse you for your loss then all should be fine. Good luck.

Happened to me once. The guy wouldn't even return my calls until the law was involved. Hard to believe something as important as property lines can be treated so cavalier !!good luck !!

Almost cleared up

The logger finally paid me for my loss. I let him spit the payment into two installments. He paid the last payment today. He will pull the treetops off me next week. I have the reciept for the last payment and I'm not going to sign it and release them for this until they get those tops off of me.
If I was able.. I'd cut the tops up and sell them for fire wood but I'm dealing with a ruptured disc in my neck and I have to have surgery in Jan.

The logger finally paid me for my loss. I let him spit the payment into two installments. He paid the last payment today. He will pull the treetops off me next week. I have the reciept for the last payment and I'm not going to sign it and release them for this until they get those tops off of me.
If I was able.. I'd cut the tops up and sell them for fire wood but I'm dealing with a ruptured disc in my neck and I have to have surgery in Jan.

Glad to hear that it has finally worked out.

Glad to hear you stayed with this and about have it settled. Hope they get the tops off. You don't need all that worry with your bad back.

Back
Top Bottom