Hell On Wheels!

beephead

Elite Member
I went back to area that I detected on my last outing to see if could find some more treasure. Just a few hundred feet from where I parked at on my last hunt I saw this poor car without any wheels. I always try to stay within sight of my SUV. They're bad about breaking into cars and robbing people at gun point.

After arriving at the site, I spoke with one of the maintenance workers for a good 15 to 20 minutes about muscle cars of the 60's and 70's before I started detecting. Nice guy, he put me on to some other sites that I might want to check out.

Before the day was over I managed to find one wheat penny, a Mercury dime, a 925 silver ring and some clad coins. The Mercury dime came from across the street in a grassy strip in front of a mid-thirties home. So far I haven't been able to find any silver coins at the apartment site. It's time for me to find another site to detect for my next outing.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
That’s a unique silver ring Beep, I like it!

Crazy on the car, thieves suck. Hope you carry, maybe someone wise like you doesn’t need to, dunno.

I stay away from Mempho and Jackson when I can. Congrats on the silver and the nice looking ring.. Stay safe there

Nice silver and assorted finds.....I'm amazed you can concentrate on MDing in neighborhoods like that. I'd be looking over my shoulder constantly! Good job and stay safe.....

That’s a unique silver ring Beep, I like it!

Crazy on the car, thieves suck. Hope you carry, maybe someone wise like you doesn’t need to, dunno.
Thanks! Yeah, I carry and I keep my eyes peeled. I quickly move to another location if I see a suspicious group looking or headed my way. Cars with boom music going and dark tinted windows repeatedly passing by makes me nervous.

Nice finds! When I lived near Newark NJ cars like that we're a common sight.lol
Thanks! Nothing but a bunch of worthless animals.

I stay away from Mempho and Jackson when I can. Congrats on the silver and the nice looking ring.. Stay safe there
Thanks! I live in Germantown and I drive around 15+ miles to my hunt sites in Memphis. In some really bad areas even the police have backup protection.

Congrats on the silvers, that ring is quite cool! :)
Thanks! I've never seen one like that before.

Love those Merc dimes! COngrats on a great hunt!
Thanks! I still get a big thrill when I see one pop out of the ground.

That's a very nice looking ring BH, congrats!!!
Thanks! From the ID I thought that I was going to unearth a silver quarter.

Wow, I can honestly say I've never seen that happen out here. Nice hunt beep, congrats!
Thanks! Lucky you! Those wheels must have been just stolen because I didn't notice them gone on my pervious hunt a couple of days before.

Nice silver and assorted finds.....I'm amazed you can concentrate on MDing in neighborhoods like that. I'd be looking over my shoulder constantly! Good job and stay safe.....
Thanks! I get a sore neck from looking around all the time. There are some places that I won't even get out of the car and speed out of there as fast as I can.

Great hunt! Enjoy the wheels. :laughing:
Thanks! What wheels? LOL Just when I was thinking that the wheel locks on my car are too much trouble to deal.

That's one ugly ring beep, but I'd keep it!
Thanks! I didn't have the heart to rebury it. LOL

beephead

Great finds and post! We like to see your adventures afield!

FWIW, I've used firewood to hold up a vehicle before too!:laughing: Usually to rotate the tires when I was poor and only had one jack...Now, I have a pair of jacks! Its a lot faster and easier...

I'm sure someday you will have an exciting "Almost Robbed" story...somebody is gonna mess with the wrong old Man!

There's a lot of spots around here that I used to hunt 20/30 years ago that I won't hunt now.. too many punk azz gang bangers now..

I hope that was not your car.. That ring sure is goofy looking.
Here in our town, you can leave your car running and it will be there when you get back. I don't even lock my car. Be careful.. KEN :D

Thats one odd ring, congrats on the silvers!

I think you need a hunting buddy next time you go over there.

Great finds and post! We like to see your adventures afield!

FWIW, I've used firewood to hold up a vehicle before too!:laughing: Usually to rotate the tires when I was poor and only had one jack...Now, I have a pair of jacks! Its a lot faster and easier...

I'm sure someday you will have an exciting "Almost Robbed" story...somebody is gonna mess with the wrong old Man!
Thanks! Other than swinging a detector, I also have fun meeting people and observing things around me. I guess that I need to start taking more pictures of things that I see while I'm out detecting.

There's a lot of spots around here that I used to hunt 20/30 years ago that I won't hunt now.. too many punk azz gang bangers now..
What part of W TN do you reside?

I hope that was not your car.. That ring sure is goofy looking.
Here in our town, you can leave your car running and it will be there when you get back. I don't even lock my car. Be careful.. KEN :D
My SUV has wheel locks and when I'm out detecting I usually keep it within eyesight. I was thinking about replacing the wheel locks because it a big hassle to keep up with the lug nut key when I have my tires rotated. Now I think I'll keep them.

Nice finds man, but bummer that having your wheels stolen is such a common thing...
Thanks! Things are getting worse. There needs to be a big crackdown on crime. There's no excuse to let it run so rampant.

Thats one odd ring, congrats on the silvers!

I think you need a hunting buddy next time you go over there.
Thanks! If I got a hunting buddy, I'd want one with short legs that carried a big gun. LOL

That happened to my car also! I guess people have no moral compass..
I bet that you were one sick puppy! I had my car window broken out once while it was parked in a parking garage. Lucky for me that there wasn't anything in it worth stealing at the time.

beephead

Thanks! Other than swinging a detector, I also have fun meeting people and observing things around me. I guess that I need to start taking more pictures of things that I see while I'm out detecting.

What part of W TN do you reside?

My SUV has wheel locks and when I'm out detecting I usually keep it within eyesight. I was thinking about replacing the wheel locks because it a big hassle to keep up with the lug nut key when I have my tires rotated. Now I think I'll keep them.

Thanks! Things are getting worse. There needs to be a big crackdown on crime. There's no excuse to let it run so rampant.

Thanks! If I got a hunting buddy, I'd want one with short legs that carried a big gun. LOL

I bet that you were one sick puppy! I had my car window broken out once while it was parked in a parking garage. Lucky for me that there wasn't anything in it worth stealing at the time.

beephead

I live in Carroll Co. Between Jackson & Huntingdon

Back
Top Bottom