Mojave or B2 uMax with CSC

AZWIP

Elite Member
Hmmmm, ok, so I have my Cleansweep coil on my B2 uMax and thats where its been for quite some time.... this combo has brought me a bunch of (IMO) nice finds and more than its share of the gold jewelry...

But after having purchased the Mojave a while back and finding it does quite well with gold jewelry also.... I am thinking of trying the cleansweep on that unit as well...

Thoughts?

I have talked to some folks and the camp seems split, some think its better served on the B2 uMax and some feel it would be even better on the Mojave....

What do any of you think?

I know I know, "try it" I get it... lol, but just have been to lazy to swap it over yet... I really enjoy both machines and am curious to what logically should be the better combo and why... lol.

Happy hunting ya'll!!!!

Ron

I've been using the 12x10DD on my Mojo lately and it's awesome for covering ground in fields. Probably great in the dry sand at the beach too. Depth is awesome in my mild Florida soil.

Also it's still pretty sensitive on small items for a big coil.

I don't think you could go wrong putting the cleansweep on the Mojo.

Noah

Also on a side note. The more I use the Mojave the better the audio seems.
Round targets are super easy to pick out, it has a super consistent quacky flutter on square tabs and those nasty round foil caps are a very rude sound. The foil sounds completely different from a tiny 10k ring I have that discs out at the same spot.

Love it more every time I swing it!

Noah

The Bandido could dial in your ground balance more closely but then again (depending on your ground conditions) the two different ground settings on the Mohave may be close enough. Some people like to run with a slight positive threshold while others like a neutral or slightly negative threshold. I use to live in Chandler and know that not all soil in Arizona is kind. Ha! Good luck and HH with your choice!

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response... usually I'm quicker than this... appreciate ya'lls feedback and comments... reckon I may just give it a try... lots of good points, yeah that Mojave hits real nice on even the small items... I'm pretty impressed... The B2 "should" have a "slight" advantage as stated... as it has the manual GB... gonna be interesting to try out... I'm guessing the diffs may be so subtle that I may not notice any diff, lol.

Thanks again folks... I'll update when I get a chance to try the swap.

Happy Hunting!!!

Ron F.
---------

Last edited:
I think it COULD BE machine specific and the only way to be for sure is to try. When I say machine specific, I mean if you had 5 new Mojave detectors lined up and put the same coil on them, one machine MIGHT really shine. Not meant to be a knock against Tesoro quality control, but I had one machine where the synergy with the CleanSweep was undeniable, an anomaly I wish I would have recognized at the time and haven't been able to reproduce since.

Thats a really good point... I sort of feel the same way about the B2 with the CSC... it just "rocks" and this combo has probably found the most gold items for me anyways.

Back
Top Bottom