JGD Hunt

MoBob

Elite Member
Come on guys , it's bad enough I had to work through this one and miss out but show me how it went . Hope all my relic hounds did great . Saw Chips and that SC button is awesome . But anyway post'em up and I will see ya all in the spring.HH

Here's my take eagle button is beat up but its my first so Ill take it

Attachments

• JGD Fall17.jpg
    JGD Fall17.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 357
Missed seeing you at the hunt MoBob but Chip represented you guys fine! I need to find a new image hosting site before I can post pic but dug a few bullets including a Williams cleaner and a teardrop pistol bullet. Also snagged a J Hook and a wasted cuff button. Had a great time. Hope you make the spring hunt.

Here are some pics of my finds at the JGD Hunt. Had a great time as usual and was great to see Joe, choppadude and his son again along with other friends from the forum. Weather was perfect and got to dig on some historical ground. Sure missed my diggin bud MoBob at the hunt and on the long road trip -- hope you make the next one bro!

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 301
Friday was a long day. Didn't start off with many signals to dig. Found a couple three ringers and a cool little brass picture frame. Saturday myself and my three digging buddies went to the Calvery sight and hunted the ridge line in the woods. Ended up with ~ 120 bullets between us. Found a bunch of Smith Carbines which was a first for me. Only hunted Sunday morning at the main sight. Managed a couple deep buttons, one nice eagle and a nice flat button. Plus a couple of three ringers. All in all a fun hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 291
Thanks for sharing your finds guys . Man you all made some nice finds, and yes I'm feeling a little jealous :D, but for sure will see ya all in the spring. Congrats to all of you on saving some history, and taking the time to give us a look. Nicely done guys .

So this was my first JGD hunt. It's funny to see names of you guys on here that I've dealt with in the past but didn't know you there. Here's my finds for the fall hunt. Managed to find a dropped knapsack which I think I dug 95-100% of the parts from as well as 20+ Minie balls in the same hole. Also, a cathedral bottle bottom was in the hole as well and had a bullet in it. I kept that as is and used some Modge Podge acrylic sealant to maintain it as it came out of the ground. All in all, a fun first hunt!

Attachments

• Finds1.jpg
    Finds1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Finds2.jpg
    Finds2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Finds3.jpg
    Finds3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 190
So this was my first JGD hunt. It's funny to see names of you guys on here that I've dealt with in the past but didn't know you there. Here's my finds for the fall hunt. Managed to find a dropped knapsack which I think I dug 95-100% of the parts from as well as 20+ Minie balls in the same hole. Also, a cathedral bottle bottom was in the hole as well and had a bullet in it. I kept that as is and used some Modge Podge acrylic sealant to maintain it as it came out of the ground. All in all, a fun first hunt!

Man you had a great hunt , that bullet in the bottom of the bottle is just to awesome what a unique find. Congrats on a nice hunt and saving some more history. You did very well on that hunt. Nice

Friday was a long day. Didn't start off with many signals to dig. Found a couple three ringers and a cool little brass picture frame. Saturday myself and my three digging buddies went to the Calvery sight and hunted the ridge line in the woods. Ended up with ~ 120 bullets between us. Found a bunch of Smith Carbines which was a first for me. Only hunted Sunday morning at the main sight. Managed a couple deep buttons, one nice eagle and a nice flat button. Plus a couple of three ringers. All in all a fun hunt.

Man you crushed it , and the frame is very cool makes you wonder if it may have been a soldiers little honey back home. Congrats on a good hunt.

Here are some pics of my finds at the JGD Hunt. Had a great time as usual and was great to see Joe, choppadude and his son again along with other friends from the forum. Weather was perfect and got to dig on some historical ground. Sure missed my diggin bud MoBob at the hunt and on the long road trip -- hope you make the next one bro!

Hey bud hope to make the next one also . You had a nice hunt and a huge congrats on that SC gold guilted beauty of a button. A sweet piece of the south's history. Love it man. Actually have a blank spot in one of my button cases for it if your a real hunting bud. LOL Congrats buddy glad you scored it.

Missed seeing you at the hunt MoBob but Chip represented you guys fine! I need to find a new image hosting site before I can post pic but dug a few bullets including a Williams cleaner and a teardrop pistol bullet. Also snagged a J Hook and a wasted cuff button. Had a great time. Hope you make the spring hunt.

Hey Chop , looking forward to seeing you again in the spring buddy, and congrats on the finds . Love those teardrops.

Back
Top Bottom