Talk me out of a ctx

So much for talking me out of one. Thanks guys lol.:laughing:

I think the only realistic option outside of a CTX is to buy two detectors. One for dry sand, like an AT-max, and one for wet sand & water like an Excal. Total cost would be about the same and then you could cover the same terrain. But who wants to drag around all that equipment? Also, do you have the time to master two detectors instead of one?

Eh', I've always had multiple detectors, well, until I bought the CTX. It took less than 30-days of ownership before I started to purge my collection. ..just saying! :thumbsup:

I think the only realistic option outside of a CTX is to buy two detectors. One for dry sand, like an AT-max, and one for wet sand & water like an Excal. Total cost would be about the same and then you could cover the same terrain. But who wants to drag around all that equipment? Also, do you have the time to master two detectors instead of one?

Eh', I've always had multiple detectors, well, until I bought the CTX. It took less than 30-days of ownership before I started to purge my collection. ..just saying! :thumbsup:

Dang it Dave... you might have actually sold me on 1 of these.. If 1 comes up in my price range

I'm a new CTX owner and have zero regrets. I do recommend getting copy of a CTX book or at the very least reading all you can find on the web. The book will demystify the machine. It can be a little bit overwhelming initially, but once you understand all the settings and what they actually do for you it's not too bad. The manual that comes with the detector from Minelab leaves a lot to be desired.

If you are a wet sand hunter sure, but on dry land, it is not superior to the Deus at less than half of the price and a third of the weight.. I ran them head to head this whole year giving alternate first runs on a plot then re running the same plot. The Deus speed and separation is astounding. A real eye opener hitting a small area from two directions with the 3030 and finding two coins then hit it once with the Deus and find 6 the 3030 missed. And I have the book from Andy and did lots of research. I feel I gave the 3030 it's best chance for success, but in my soil the Deus was king. The dirty 30 got sold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do the math....if you're hunting the same spots and looking to use it in the dirt, dry sand or up to knee deep on a salt beach then ask yourself this...do you think a CTX will find another $1500 worth of targets that you somehow missed with the Explorer? I think not:lol:

Do the math....if you're hunting the same spots and looking to use it in the dirt, dry sand or up to knee deep on a salt beach then ask yourself this...do you think a CTX will find another $1500 worth of targets that you somehow missed with the Explorer? I think not:lol:

If I used this reasoning then I would need to find approx. $10,000 more in clad before the end of the year:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom