XP Deus or Wait for Minelab Equinox?

Thanks.. I know I know. (my wife just shook her head and smiled). After lots of reviewing and research, I decided if I don't get the CTX (which I've always thought to be about the best detector out there for anything other than strickly nugget shooting), then I'll always be wondering and second guessing if I should have spent more and got the CTX. I don't want to offend the Deus folks, but I think the CTX is in an entirely different class when it comes to target ID precision. Whether or not the Equinox will be an equal (or better or worse) than a Deus remains to be seen, but I don't think either is on par with or close to the capabilities of the CTX. :gettinmoney:Heck, I gotta say that now that I've forked out the $ and have one!

I sold my CTX and kept the Deus but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what they choose is their own personal opinion, nothing is carved in stone.ID is not all that important to me for I pretty much dig everything anyways. I feel that I made the right choice in timing to send the CTX down the road to boot so its all good, it's not so much the machine as it is how well the person learns the machine. I personally don't look at ID a whole lot, I pick targets by an audio response as opposed to rely on accurate ID, the Deus excels in audio response where as the CTX didn't unless you ran the gain down around 10-12.If I pick up another Minelab ,it will be a E trac,I've been watching them in the classifieds An E trac in the iron is most impressive when it is set up right. Good luck and many finds and learn to use the target trace feature. It is the best feature the CTX provides.

Like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion, The ctx IMO has a great audio response as well as a accurate ID. The combo makes it a killer.

Also the etrac has absolutely nothing on the ctx other than being cheaper.

I will agree that the person using it is what really counts. But more importantly is just getting over the target. Everyone have fun. :)

I am not selling my Deus units just because I get an Equinox.

Now, the smallest coil offering is 6" for Equinox it seems.
So can Equinox keep up with Deus and elliptical HF coil?
Will Equinox handle mineral as well as iron as well?

We'll see.
But Equinox if it can match or beat, is working with an additional 3/4" width.
Can the 6" coil on Equinox match the HF coil for depth??

Imagine me open field hunting with a 5.25" x9" coil on Deus.
Laughable right?
Lots of performance in one coil here with Deus (depth and separation).

So folks can X me off the selling Deus list due to Equinox detector.
My missus always wants more width..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom