Ace 250 Volume

MargeShrimpson

Forum Supporter
Has anybody tried to modify the volume on there detector? I find it to be incredibly loud and I don't want to wear headphones. I'm thinking I might take it apart and put a potentiometer on one of the speaker leads. Any ideas?

Yeah, but only because I was inside it anyway. I always wear 'phones.

Tape over 1/2 the speaker.....or mod it.

picture.php

I think I'm going to take apart the ace tonight and put a potentiometer and maybe even a bluetooth dongle in there for my bluetooth headphones. I'll make sure to take some pictures of what I do. It's going to be raining here so I have nothing better to do than break a perfectly good metal detector.

Since the signals are always full "on", I use cheap Wally World Koss headphones w/adaptor-$6. I then place them in front of my ears- can easily hear signal- can hear outside noises like approaching strangers- and small pads are cool in summer heat. :cool: And I once hated headphines, too. Win- Win- Win.:yes:
Oh- almost forgot. Batteries last for a LONG time!:wow:

I just did a ton of searching around this forum and other places. Bluetooth is no the way to go it is too slow and the result is false locations. I might just get a decent pair of cordless metal detecting headphones.

I used the Ace 400, and it has the same loud speaker. I just took two pieces of duct tape and placed them over both speaker "holes" underneath the unit. That quieted it down to an appropriate level.

Back
Top Bottom