Finally dug my first V-Nickel

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I didn't have work today so I decided to go check out the yard at my friends house in a little old town southwest of Minot. It's located on main st so I figured there was probably a store there at one point in time back in the old days...... I didn't really figure I was going to find much but I thought if I did it would probably be old. Well the first plug I dug popped out my first V-Nickel! Surprised the heck out of me!
I dug lots of junk after that. I hit the edge of the lot and got a 1924 Merc! I also came across one wheatie in the back yard but it was a later date.
My new pinpointer worked like a champ. My old one was starting to do a lot of falsing but it had been used quite a bit.
a22dd77c93af246bf6eb38c2ebecbc4d.jpg
5f93adced352165b605ba3b7a8b29bcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice finds and that V is in nice shape.

Thanks Jam! I would have liked to dig some more old stuff but I think the yard has been torn up and mixed around over the years a few times so I'm pretty happy with what I got. I almost dug up his propane line which was only 3" down. I found it on one dig and made sure to leave that high tone alone the rest of the hunt.

Nice finds! I'm still working on finding my first nickel... and silver... :laughing:

Nice work digging in the wind :grin:

Back
Top Bottom