Large Cent...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Was too wet to cut lawns first thing in the morning, so I had the idea that Craig and I should go hunt for a hour or so and let them dry a bit...we went to a yard he's done well at and I've found a few things there myself in the past. Think the house is from about 1890 but the land was farm field before that...and after digging some lead, piece of sheet copper, a wheat, NYC transit token, a big 1917 English penny and a clad quarter my last target was definitely a farm field loss... it was face down only about 4-5" deep, and it looks like the 6th copper/Large Cent of the season will clean up pretty well... Imagine that, the Captain with no silver:shock:...still, it was a successful hunt and a fun time:yes: That's all for now, besides a few pix when I clean the coin some...thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

No Silver this time Bruce but a very fine outing just the same. Congrats on the Large Cent. It has been a couple of years since I last dug one. Trapper

LC's from the east coast don't count as "atteboys". Since they are everywhere. Sanboxes, farm fields, modern yards, etc.... Hhharrruummmppphhh. ;)

LC's from the east coast don't count as "atteboys". Since they are everywhere. Sanboxes, farm fields, modern yards, etc.... Hhharrruummmppphhh. ;)

Says the guy who has probably found 100 gold coins, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says the guy who has probably found 100 gold coins, lol ...

That is our only consolation here on the west coast. For some reason, more gold coins get found out here. Ironically I can think of more gold coins than large cents having been found in CA . Totally unlike the east coast ratios.

But go figure: At the time of westward-ho migration: Cargo space/weight was at a premium. So when preparing to travel westward: Is it better to take 500 large cents ? Or a single $5 gold ? Doh !

Back
Top Bottom