7 Silvers on Fathers Day hunt with the Monster

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for the first time since Memorial Day. What a fantastic day, great weather, great conditions and a super hunting companion with IDX Monster. We went to a new location for us both. This site a old school yard that had to be figured out but after a bit we punished this public property pretty good. Between Kevin and I, we dug 10 Silver's and 13 Wheat's. My take of that was a total of seven including a big Benji Half along with 4 Wheat's and also added $2.58 to the clad coffers. Two of my Silver digs were of two coins each. The first was the GW and a Rosie and the second was a pair of Merc's. It sure felt good to have a day like this. Hope Kevin adds his take on the day. Thanks all for looking. Jack

Attachments

• 6-17-17 .jpg
    6-17-17 .jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 585
  • 6-17-17 1 .jpg
    6-17-17 1 .jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 578
  • 6-17-17 2 .jpg
    6-17-17 2 .jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 594
  • 6-17-17 3 .jpg
    6-17-17 3 .jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 585
  • 6-17-17 4 .jpg
    6-17-17 4 .jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 560
Amazing hunt Jack! It usually takes me 10 hunts to get 7 silvers,lol. That's a great outing. Congrats on the pile o silver.

Wow y'all kicked some silver booty!!! Love the Benjamin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once in awhile you have one of those hunts...today was that time. Trapper picked the spot,and we proceeded to kick the SNOT out of that place. Very odd,actually,because it's on a site that is SO visible it's hard to imagine that we were able to extract what we did. Once the couple of hotspots were located, it was just a matter of doing some serious gophering, and it paid off. The trick here was NOT to dig up anything and everything...rather TARGET the depth and numbers and get as close to what we were hunting as possible in the first place...then break out the shovel. For silver shooting, it can't be all willy nilly!
Thanks Trap for a great day,the rest of my venture went without a hitch and all is well. And Jeff...I got "sat down" with that Franklin, hopefully your "sit down" wasn't that rough!:lol:
I always enjoy picking a good brain,today was no exception. I think we concluded that in the end...the machine has to get the initial hit,and then the operator must know the machine well enough to know what to do with it. That simple. Been discussed before...end of discussion here.
I added my two Mercs from yesterday because my pile isn't quite big enough. Along with the coins(sorry I already bagged the wheats,they don't excite me as much) I found a small piece of float copper and a whopper of a bullet. Yes,in a school yard. Hmmmm....
Happy hunting everyone and to us Dads...Happy Fathers Day!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Amazing hunt Jack! It usually takes me 10 hunts to get 7 silvers,lol. That's a great outing. Congrats on the pile o silver.
Thank you Jerry. Digging 7 in a hunt is not my normal either but I'm not gonna throw any back.

Congrats on the 7 silver day! Not an easy feat nowadays, happy hunting Jack!
You very right Jeff as this has not happen that often for me.
Wow y'all kicked some silver booty!!! Love the Benjamin
Been a few years since my last Big Ben Digger. Hope the next comes a little faster.
Congrats with the memorial Father's Day! Great work!
Thanks Bruin, this fathers day really was a good one.
amazing hunt for sure Trap...congrats!!!
It was a bit of a short notice outing Mike but I should have invited you along.
Great hunt!! It was a great day around these parts for sure!
Sure was Milco. Hope you got out and enjoy the day. Jack

Jack, Big congrats. What a nice pile of silver. Glad to see your hard work paid off with some nice silvers. Continued success to you. HH !!

It was a bit of a short notice outing Mike but I should have invited you along.

No worries buddy, I was off but spent some quality time with the wife. I hope you had a wonderful Fathers Day my friend. Will plan on something soon for sure!!! :)

Oh wow guys 👀
What a great Father's Day !
Look at the size of that Benji 😍.
Your Killers guys .. pure top of the detecting food chain predators.
Another location cleaned out forever !!!!
Love it .. any other good little stories from the day?
Nothing like pulling almost a full Troy ounce of silver in a single hunt ....Wow !

,Dew

Let's just say when it's rolling it's rolling! Sadly,after I found the Washington my shitt developed a flat tire and stopped rolling...Trapper must have run flats...gets jacked up by a few deep nails and just keeps popping coins like he was throwing night crawlers in a pail. He dug 2 (yes 2) silver multiples...2 Mercs in a hole and a Washington and Rosie in a hole.
I'll say what else is amazing....it seems ALOT of guys everywhere are digging ALOT of really good items of ALL kinds. I think this forum along with forum members actually meeting up and bouncing ideas and experience around helps ASTRONOMOCALLY in the progression of the hobby for many people. I know it has for me and I hope to have many more outings with the fine people I've met so far!!

Back
Top Bottom