Got sat down last night!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, first off Happy Father's Day! To whom it applies. Picked up the new whites digger, thing is a beast! Digging a plug is almost effortless. I got out with Bottlecapking last night to the ghetto park we hit last weekend. Last trip out BCK hit a silver ring and a 10k old ring. It seems due to the recent rains, we were getting VERY good depth, and all my old coins were 6"+. Very early in the hunt he walks over to me, right after I hit the merc and drops a big old silver in my hand. Not sure if he's gonna post it so I'll leave it at that. Shortly after we took a break and walked to the cars. He switched out a coil and I grabbed a coke. I took a sip and kept going. First signal after the break, a solid 8" deep, I pull out a silver dime. I thought for sure it would be a barber. We have pulled two seated dimes from here and I knew the potential was there. Sure enough I see a shield with full liberty on it. Yea baby!!! Ended up being an 1853 with arrows seated dime. In excellent condition. Funny thing is my nicest seated ever dug (my avatar) was the exact same year made from the exact same mint. Went on to dig a buff, Canadian large cent (1893), a war nickel, 3 injuns and 12 wheats. It's all about low and slow in this location, lots of shallow clad and trash. The ring is a junker, definitely had me going at first. Will be going out tonight for sure, if anything shows up will let you all know! Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_4948.jpg
    IMG_4948.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_4950.jpg
    IMG_4950.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_4956.jpg
    IMG_4956.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_4958.jpg
    IMG_4958.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4959.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_4960.jpg
    IMG_4960.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 649
Great hunt! Still looking for my first Seated.:no::no::no:

I'm so jealous of you New Englanders! Ive got to get up there for a few days of digging.

Dandy hunt cellr! My finds for today was two rusty nails that I thought were deep silver in a hunted out park and a 1976 memorial penny in a curb strip......kind of depressing. I might go out and hit some curb strips tonight when it cools off but who knows.

The real question is.....how do you like the CTX?;)
Astounding variety of stuff that I see very little of Jeff,you guys SPANKED that place! I cannot even begin to guess what else you might get out of there after seeing what this hunt brought out. Maybe gold coinage? A guy can drool...:grin:
It's gonna be hard to go to work knowing that every time you go out there's silver waiting for you!
You get props for getting a handle on that machine so fast, it's not always that way...EXCELLENT HUNTING!!

Back
Top Bottom