Summertime headphones with 3.5mm plug

Timecop67

I've got the Whites Prostar headphones with 1/4 plug type.....very hot in the summer to wear. Any headphones out there with the 3.5mm plug, coiled retractable wire and on the ear (instead of over the ear) that is halfway comfortable to wear in Summer? I have the adapter from 3.5mm to 1/4 but would like to get away from an adapter if possible. The detector I may be getting has the 3.5mm mini-jack port.

I have a horrible time with headphones so I ditched them and got a set of ear buds made for metal detecting (or so they say, not sure why that makes any difference since sound is sound). They are awesome in the heat and I can hear more than I did with the last set of headphones, and as a bonus don't get headaches now from those infernal headphones squeezing my head. They still need a jack, but that's not an issue for me. Might be one possible solution for you. Got mine from Amazon, search "High Sensitivity Metal Detector Earbuds" if you want to take a look.

Just noticed, they do have the 3.5 mm plug, I need the jack to fit my detector port.

Thanks I might have to pick a set up from Amazon to try. I noticed one also has to purchase an additional volume control also as most detectors don't have an internal one.

I didn't see that, but mine has volume control. At that price though, if they work for you it seems well worth it. I really am liking mine.

I love the Apple ear buds in the hot weather.
They have great low and high pitch sound and are not expensive.

The only things I dislike about them are that they occasionally pop out of my ears, and that they don't block outside noise.

I have a few noisy sites (old houses on busy streets) that I can't use them at.

A little update on these ear buds, one of the things I see with many of them, the wires at the connection are kinda flimsy so I reinforced mine with a good old fashioned dose of electrical tape. Didn't want to wait till they broke then have to really fix them. But still, they're so cheap what the heck.

I've got the Whites Prostar headphones with 1/4 plug type.....very hot in the summer to wear. Any headphones out there with the 3.5mm plug, coiled retractable wire and on the ear (instead of over the ear) that is halfway comfortable to wear in Summer? I have the adapter from 3.5mm to 1/4 but would like to get away from an adapter if possible. The detector I may be getting has the 3.5mm mini-jack port.

Best solution I've ever had is actually made by Garrett. I've gone through 5 different headphones over the ears, plus Gray Ghost Amphibs (which I LOVE in the winter), but the Z-Lync setup is amazing.

It'll come with a headphone jack connection (does not require Garrett metal detector), and you attach the little transceiver on the shaft of your metal detector, and then connect headphones to the little receiver that attaches to your belt. It's wireless between you and your equipment, which I didn't think was a big deal, until I tried it. AMAZING. So much easier to swing equipment.

But here's the amazing part. Because you can use the receiver with any 1/4 headphone or use the 3.5mm adapater supplied, you can toss on a set of EARBUDS.

You want to talk comfortable during summer hunting? Earbuds are about the best you can get. And good earbuds (I use my Apple phone ones), sound so amazing. VERY clear signals, tones and clarity. I couldn't be happier.

Coolest, clearest signals you can get in the summer. PLUS, you don't even worry about the 1/4" or 3.5mm adapter size. It's a non-issue, because nothing pulls on the connection.

Back
Top Bottom