How well does the Deus alert you on targets?

ghound

Elite Member
I've a Deus coming my way soon and have been watching some vids on it.
What seems to stand out to me is coin size targets over 7"-8" seems to be quite faint and/or with a hint of iron.
Being that it's a fast sweep detector, i'm worried that it's going to be very easy to walk right past targets?
I'm i just imagining this, or am i watching poor videos?

What seems to stand out to me is coin size targets over 7"-8" seems to be quite faint and/or with a hint of iron.
Being that it's a fast sweep detector, i'm worried that it's going to be very easy to walk right past targets?

You are not imagining what you seen in the vids.
One problem though,,,you were likely watching vids where version 2.0 or 3.2 was employed.

Version 4.0 a different animal,,especially when audio report is set to level 5 or higher.
This level(s) of settings provides no modulation.
Nonferrous will bang through much better,,even deeper vs older versions.

Use the HOT program in V4 and you will have no problem having target pop out and smack you in the face. Great way to learn the detector since it's an audio machine. Default HOT Program is 18khz and 3 reactivity you may play with 2-2.5 reactivity and 12khz for deeper large coins. It really shines on 18khz though the punch on high conductors is no where near where it can be configured to go.

Will be interested in your thoughts compared to the Rutus. From what I've heard and seen in your videos you may be disappointed in the audio change.

Thanks lads, v4 sounds the business.
I like the pitch vco audio it has, that has always attracted me, the Rutus does well on alerting a target as it's a quiet running machine, defo be interesting.
I think i will send the Rutus in for the update as they have added vco.

Use the HOT program in V4 and you will have no problem having target pop out and smack you in the face. Great way to learn the detector since it's an audio machine. Default HOT Program is 18khz and 3 reactivity you may play with 2-2.5 reactivity and 12khz for deeper large coins. It really shines on 18khz though the punch on high conductors is no where near where it can be configured to go.

Will be interested in your thoughts compared to the Rutus. From what I've heard and seen in your videos you may be disappointed in the audio change.

Trust me the HOT program is a killer on coins and jewelry. Here is one link I found. It works off of the Dues fast

I save mine to 16 and then also save the same program on 17 but the only difference is I change the kHz to 4kHz if looking for deeper targets.

[url]http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/xp_deus_3.2.htm
[/URL]

Hot
Load up the Deus fast program....Change
Discrimination.....0, or 1 to eliminate ground noise
Tones....Full tones
Iron Vol.....0
Audio response....3-4
Here we have some big changes, at first don't be afraid to use a discrimination 6 or lower until you get used to the audio feedback..Good luck but remember it takes time.....

Thanks lads, v4 sounds the business.
I like the pitch vco audio it has, that has always attracted me, the Rutus does well on alerting a target as it's a quiet running machine, defo be interesting.
I think i will send the Rutus in for the update as they have added vco.

At first, it was different/fainter sounding tones than I was use to identifying as good targets. Once you recognize them and know from digging targets when learning, it becomes easier and very distinguishable. Pitch is not bad, much like smooth tones on the CTX but I am more comfortable with full tones and the -6 disc hot program.

Are you getting a remote ? Did you know you can program and add programs 11-18 with just the Deus ws4 puck without having a remote ?

Think what he is saying is if someone else has a remote close to him he can program and save the programs into his hockey puck.

I am lost as to how I can clarify that message ? I am going to try this out this weekend so I will let you know how it goes.

Think what he is saying is if someone else has a remote close to him he can program and save the programs into his hockey puck.

No remote needed unless choppadude's remote works from 24 miles away ?I suspect he is the closest to me that has a remote.

Unless some thing has changed,,,you don't have full access to all possible settings to load programs,,,using hockey puck only.

True you can load programs using the puck into empty slots,,but some of the settings of the programs you are basically transferring will have some settings fixed(unchangable).

Now a person with a remote can indeed load another person Deus lite version up with programs and make any and all settings changes then load these programs to the puck.

Deus lite users don't have full access to all settings.

One example is reactivity.
Another is silencer.
There are more.

For example,,if I just take out my Deus with just headphone module and leave remote at home.
When I select my programs,,things like reactvity and silencer settings will be already Dialed in. And not be necessarily factory default program settings.
I can't look at these either,,so can't change,,yet they are in the unit and will affect how the unit detects/responds.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/images/update_deus/User_manual_UK_V3.0_WEB.pdf

Notice on pages 50-52.

These are your factory default settings for factory programs.

Notice Deus fast has a silencer set to -1.
So if you go to Deus fast and change a few settings using hockey puck only,,this -1 silencer will indeed be loaded in your new program you save.

A -1 silencer is better for medium mineralized ground and higher.
But notice the reactivity setting is level 3,, and so being you are stuck with it should you decide to use Deus fast and modify then save under whatever name you call it.

Recommend folks look at version 4 manual,,,because new factory programs are available,,along with a new 2.5 reactvity setting.

Version 4 manual
See pages 42-44
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/DEUS_V4_MANUAL_UK.pdf

Hope this helps explain.

Yes but it is easier to save it rather than keep altering previous programs every time out. Like TNSS said, you have limited programmability (no expert options )but can set up another 8 altered programs that I wasn't aware I had until frogging around with it.

I got an as new remote in amongst a trade for my F19, so just not made my mind up on what coil to buy, need to read up more on the HF one's.

Are you getting a remote ? Did you know you can program and add programs 11-18 with just the Deus ws4 puck without having a remote ?

My deus should be with me tomorrow, took the 11" coil, would have liked a HF coil but you need to buy it separate...
Looking forward to trying it out, reading the manual it seems very similar to the Rutus, but i'll not be keeping both, just the one that suits me best!!

My deus should be with me tomorrow, took the 11" coil, would have liked a HF coil but you need to buy it separate...
Looking forward to trying it out, reading the manual it seems very similar to the Rutus, but i'll not be keeping both, just the one that suits me best!!

Welcome to Deus land. Lol
You will pick up on the Deus quickly.
Similar to Rutus in a lot of ways.

Tone adjustment capabilities the biggest difference IMO.
Let me know if I can assist you, be glad to.

Look forward to your reviews too,,especially after you get some time with unit.

Cheers.

Cheers tnss, i'll have plenty of questions!

Welcome to Deus land. Lol
You will pick up on the Deus quickly.
Similar to Rutus in a lot of ways.

Tone adjustment capabilities the biggest difference IMO.
Let me know if I can assist you, be glad to.

Look forward to your reviews too,,especially after you get some time with unit.

Cheers.

Here we go !

Attachments

• P_20170613_152743.jpg
    P_20170613_152743.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 221
Back
Top Bottom