Got my first permission.. Now I just need a detector.

seaham358

While waiting for my Nokta Impact to show up I have stated asking around for permissions. I have been friends with a caretaker for a 2000+ acre property and I asked if I could detect and he said sure. And told me a few places to check where some 1800's items have been found on the property when they were looking to demo a house. I'm hoping Kelloco gets them in soon to ship out. I have a few more places that are farms with lots of land that I'm hoping to get on. Any tips on finding old maps online? I have found some but none that have any great info. I found an Ariel photo from the 1936 of my permission and there are several buildings that are no longer on site so I'm thinking good places to hit?
thanks Bob

While waiting for my Nokta Impact to show up I have stated asking around for permissions. I have been friends with a caretaker for a 2000+ acre property and I asked if I could detect and he said sure. And told me a few places to check where some 1800's items have been found on the property when they were looking to demo a house. I'm hoping Kelloco gets them in soon to ship out. I have a few more places that are farms with lots of land that I'm hoping to get on. Any tips on finding old maps online? I have found some but none that have any great info. I found an Ariel photo from the 1936 of my permission and there are several buildings that are no longer on site so I'm thinking good places to hit?

thanks Bob

Not to be "that guy," but the caretaker is not the owner. But holy cow, over 2,000 acres!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some caretakers have full authority. I was given permission for 500 + acres by a "caretaker" and when the actual owner approached me I was worried I was in a pickle. The owner told me that the caretaker has control over everything to do with the property and who is allowed on it for any reason. Even though the caretaker assured me of this in the beginning, it felt good to hear it from the owner.

Having worked with him on several matters in regards to the property, he does have full control of the property for the owner.
I'm excited about getting to detect the property.

I remember my first permission. I felt as if I were doing something wrong. With people watching over me. It sure was not pleasant. But it got a lot easier with every permission.
The first permission was 3 years a go. And now it a second nature to me. And cold door knocking gets to be like making new friends. Spend a little time with them ask a few questions about the property and give them ant info you have about the village or town. Your on your way to great finds for sure. Good luck

While I'm waiting for my detector I have asked the owner of a Gravel mine if I could detect his property and he said yes dig all the metal you want... So I am still waiting for my Impact from Kellyco to show up. Time to research to see if there were any homes on the property in the past.

While I'm waiting for my detector I have asked the owner of a Gravel mine if I could detect his property and he said yes dig all the metal you want... So I am still waiting for my Impact from Kellyco to show up. Time to research to see if there were any homes on the property in the past.

I expect impressions of the Impact after you've played with it for a bit. :D

I expect impressions of the Impact after you've played with it for a bit. :D

Will do... A surprise to me the wife said she was looking forward to going out and digging holes. She if familiar with the Mine and is excited about going there. They have some great ponds on the property that she can hang out by if she gets tired of digging holes.

You will do well if you get on to the right places in our area.

Ahhhh a Local detectorist... I'm New so still trying to figure out the "right" area.
Once I get the detector I plan on hitting my permissions on my days off and after work once in a while. I hope I can tell without too much time invested if these sites are any good. I realize that I will have to invest some time.. the larger sight has had homes newer and older on it over the years so I'm hoping these area will produce something. Most of the homes have been removed from the property over time.
Maybe we can meet up one day once I get my detector.

Bob

Ahhhh a Local detectorist... I'm New so still trying to figure out the "right" area.
Once I get the detector I plan on hitting my permissions on my days off and after work once in a while. I hope I can tell without too much time invested if these sites are any good. I realize that I will have to invest some time.. the larger sight has had homes newer and older on it over the years so I'm hoping these area will produce something. Most of the homes have been removed from the property over time.
Maybe we can meet up one day once I get my detector.

Bob
God luck Bob. That type of area sounds good for finding some older targets. I look forward to seeing what you discover.

Back
Top Bottom