excalibur 1000 board repair

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
This needs to be in the beach section in case you guys run into a board run rotted off or broken. This was originally the big box stores repair. Not long after the repair you either had to run no threshold or wide open. The user was going deaf so I took it apart for repair.

Top pic was before repair. Had a center jump piece added. Well the bottom one was also rotten. So I put in a new threshold pot in case it was defective. Then the bottom left one I had to hammer a solid wire from another board on an anvil to make it flat. Scraped the green coating off what was left of the board run and had to flux it to get a bond and clean it with a qtip with dawn and water squeezed out. Cured the problem so far:yes:

Attachments

• SAM_3977.jpg
    SAM_3977.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 354
  • SAM_3988.jpg
    SAM_3988.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 326
Larry you got skills! I really think there needs to be another OBN type repairman. Someone could have a nice cottage industry doing repairs. Seems like there's a high demand and nice market to be tapped into for machines especially out of warranty. :yes:

Lol

OBN semi retire's and Larry take's over :lol:, nice job bro., you DA Man :thumbsup: PS maybe you can build us a new improved Excalibur 3 , as they seamed to build them cheaper , as the green machine is living proof , compared to the previous hard to find in great shape Blue's

OBN semi retire's and Larry take's over :lol:, nice job bro., you DA Man :thumbsup: PS maybe you can build us a new improved Excalibur 3 , as they seamed to build them cheaper , as the green machine is living proof , compared to the previous hard to find in great shape Blue's

I'm wanting to build a new style pod.

Not done...

Flick off that solder blob on lower left near the two pads and another to the right of the pot, then clean the area with flux cleaner or iso-alcohol.

Nice Job Larry !!

I'm wanting to build a new style pod.

Like minds think the same, No knobs...also centering the board in a bigger tube where saltwater won't affect the electronics ..

I've run my pod inside my drysuit, talk about silent running in ruff water.

Attachments

• 297030_1 (1).jpg
    297030_1 (1).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 200
Flick off that solder blob on lower left near the two pads and another to the right of the pot, then clean the area with flux cleaner or iso-alcohol.

That's just extra solder I set on top. Its the solder underneath that is making the contact. Left a little extra in case I had to apply a small dab with a razor knife. Im not pressing my luck over cleaning it. Already been scrubbed with dawn and water.

I'm talking about small solder splashes shown in this photo, that could cause eventual shorts.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom